Chapter 1: For What Reason?

In the middle of the night faint noises could be heard from an abandoned house. Inside was a man tied to a chair. A simple yet effective method to keep someone from escaping. Within close proximity stood a man who looked to be around 20's. He had short black hair and was above average height, roughly 180 centimeters. He was a bit muscular in addition to having yin sanpaku eyes making him more intimidating.

"It doesn't matter how much you try, you won't get information from me!" scowled the tied man.

"Many said the same before they eventually disclosed information." he sighed, taking out a machete that was laying on the ground.

"Hurry up before you end up like them."

The blackness engulfed the whole room where one could barely see except for the flashlight from a phone. The source of light guided him towards the location the second man pointed at. The tied man squinted and distinguished the corpses of his comrades. No major injuries could be seen on them since only their faces were visible.

"..."

He didn't know what awaited him which made him open his mouth to get enough air. His ragged breath was of course noticed.

"You better close that mouth of yours before I shoot a bullet inside. I'm quite skilled if I say so myself."

"Your death won't be a good one, motherfucker."

Although he accepted his death the fear in him didn't disappear. Hiding it he insulted the other man.

"Those who perform vile crimes like us should expect a similar end. I fully understand my sins. However, for them to have a better life I'm willing to commit these acts."

"They always attempt to convince me to stop when I visit them. Unfortunately the reason I did this in the first place is because I was forced to. If I rejected it they would've been killed. I'm way too involved to back out." he continued.

"What the hell are you talking about?" asked the confused man.

"Why do we have so much corruption in this country!? Not to mention the crime rate here is too high! The excellent thing about this job is being able to murder pieces of shit like you."

Ignoring the question, he kept on complaining about things beyond his power to fix. Angry, he swung the machete at his head, killing him on the spot. The man's expression contained no guilt for the death. Turning off the flashlight of his phone, a number was dialed.

"Hello?" the voice spoke.

"I finished the job. I better be getting paid more than usual."

"Oh, it's you. Alright, let me get the money, just wait a bit."

Once the call ended, he sat down staring at the dark sky.

"Looks like I'll be cleaning this for a while."

After cleaning up the mess he put the remains in a trash bag leaving it in the corner of the deserted house.

It has been a month since I last visited them. I'll be sure to visit them tomorrow.

Having such thoughts he went home. Opening the door, what greeted him was no one. The house was completely devoid of people. He took a shower as his clothes got dirty from all the blood. He changed into a black tracksuit pants with white stripes down the side, a tracksuit jacket with a standup collar, having the same white stripes down the side. Beneath it he wore a black t-shirt. Quickly he cleaned his weapon and went to the spot where he would get paid.

The following hours were spent talking to his younger brother on a different phone. The older model was used for work while the newer one was for communication with his siblings, and everyday life. Their conversation consisted of: checking if everything was going well and anime. Nothing about the details of his work were mentioned in case the call was being listened to. It was actually his younger brother who introduced him to anime. Though he enjoyed watching in his spare time, which wasn't a lot, the main reason he got into it was to have something to chat about with his brother.