The Visitor-Steve Harrington

"Really?"

I walked into the shop as soon as it opened. Normally, this kind of response to a customer would've fired the worker. Not this time. Not with Steve Harrington.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, I constantly came to Scoops Ahoy, but not to eat ice cream. To tease him.

Steve and I have been best friends since we were little. We were inseparable all through elementary school. In middle school, he started playing basketball but still made time for me. In high school, things completely changed. He started hanging out with the 'cool kids', and sadly, that did not include me.

Freshman year, he promised that he wouldn't let things change between us. By the end of the basketball season that year, things had done a complete 180 between us. I never saw him and he never talked to me. I officially wasn't cool enough for him.

Towards senior year, I noticed Steve start to change. He wasn't as focused on basketball anymore and he had completely left his friend group. Instead, one Saturday, I saw him hanging out with a group of kids.

He also started talking to me more. Not a lot, but anything is an improvement from how he was treating me. After we graduated, things changed even more. I started going to school not that far from our hometown so I stayed at home, and Steve started working at Scoops Ahoy.

Sometimes between classes, I'd come bother Steve and his coworker, Robin. After Steve stopped talking to me at school, I started hanging out with Robin. She eventually trusted me enough to tell me her secret. She told me how scared she was to tell me, but I instantly hugged her and told her that she will always be my best friend.

Robin and I instantly became Steve's worst nightmare. We quickly found out that it was extremely fun to tease him. And if we teamed up, his reactions were doubled.

"What do you want?" Steve sighed.

"That's no way to great a customer!" Robin shouted from the window directly behind Steve. I bit my lip, struggling to hold back my laughter.

Steve turned around and glared at Robin. When he turned back towards me, I put an innocent smile on my face.

"Ahoy," he said through his teeth. "I'm Steve Harrington. I'll be your captain. Would you like to set sail on this ocean of flavor with me?"

"Aye ye, Captain!" Robin and I said in sync. We let out matching laughs as Steve rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," Steve sighed. "What do you want?"

"Can I get my usual?" I asked with a small giggle.

"Sure thing," he sent me a smirk before putting my order in. I tried to pay but he shook his head. "On the house."

"Steve," I sighed.

"Nope," he laughed.

I dramatically sighed before putting the money I would've used to pay for the ice cream in the tip jar. He laughed as he saluted me.

"I'll have it right out," he recited. "Give me a minute."

I jokingly looked around the room before glancing back at him. "You better hurry," I teased. "A line is forming."

* * * * *

"I finally figured it out," I heard Robin tease Steve.

"What did you figure out?" Steve laughed.

"Y/N."

"What about Y/N?"

"She's your mystery girl."