23rd of December 2021

Since Harry is stuck in yet another Skype meeting with his management in the morning Louis makes sure that everything is ready for their family's arrival. Thankfully the company that set up the Christmas decoration and bought all the food also made the bed and cleaned the house so all he has to do is check out the bedrooms and stare in the fridge for a while. He takes the dogs out for a walk instead.

When he comes back in Harry is done with his meeting.
"So, you have a lot of meetings. Is there something I should know?" Louis asks as he takes off his outdoor clothes.

"Yes but it's a surprise." Harry chuckles.

"A good surprise?" Louis wonders.

"A fucking awesome surprise if you ask me." Harry replies and his smile grows even bigger.

"Alright. Now I'm curious. Will you let me in on this surprise now?" Louis asks.

"Nope." Harry winks.

"Harry!" Louis shines and pouts.

"Tomorrow." Harry promises and pulls him in for a kiss.

Louis pushes him against the wall and puts his hands in his knee pits and lifts him. Harry wraps his legs around his waist and they deepen the kiss.
"We're here! Dear Lord." Louis' grandma's voice is heard.

They break the kiss and look toward the door where Louis' whole family is standing.
"Oh, Hi guys! Welcome." Louis grins and puts Harry down.

Louis' sisters burst out laughing.
"You two." Lottie says and rolls her eyes fondly.

"Let's get you settled in. Hi." Harry smiles and hugs everyone. Louis too, before they help them with their luggage and show them to their rooms.

Harry's family arrives shortly thereafter and they repeat the greeting and take them to their rooms as well. They bought this house based on bedrooms so they can fit all of their family members at once.

They all gather in the living room when everyone is settled in.
"I can't believe you're turning thirty tomorrow." Daisy comments.

"Me neither." Louis laughs.

"So tells us everything Harry has come up with so far." Lottie says.

Louis tries to tell it in order and Harry fills in the blanks. Anne goes to the kitchen to make some lunch accompanied by their grandma's. They sit down to eat at the massive dining room table that Harry special ordered for this house. They all talk and laugh and just enjoy that they're all together. Almost everyone. Jay's absence is like an aura around the table. So is Fizzy's and Harry's grandfather that passed away a couple of months ago.

After lunch, they go outside to play with the dogs and build a snowman. Their grandparents are resting indoors. They spend an hour inside and when they get inside Harry makes hot chocolate for everyone while Louis makes a fire in the fireplace. They sit on the floor around it sipping on their hot chocolate.
"I think it's time for your present." Harry says and gets up to get it.

Everyone is excited when Harry returns with a small package. He hands Louis a photo first. It's from last year and Louis is on stage. He smiles and opens the small box instead. Inside is a piece of paper with and question mark written on it.
"What does this mean?"

Harry giggles.
"It means that when it's safe to do so you and I are going on vacation somewhere. You get to choose where."

"Wonderful." Louis smiles and kisses him.