XXIII

You can't help but feel worried as you lay on your bed, Shinichiro's jacket by your side as you scroll through your phone, still waiting for Shinichiro to reply to your message that you sent over half an hour ago.

You're overreacting, you tell yourself.

Just because the two of you are going on a date tomorrow doesn't mean that he suddenly needs to reply to your messages as soon as possible. He must be busy, doing something with Manjiro or Grandpa. Or maybe he's planning for tomorrow.

But in the back of your mind, you can just feel something going off. Like a warning sign.

Thankfully, before you can completely lose your mind and call Wakasa to have him help you check on Shinichiro, your phone goes off, indicating a new text message.

It feels like your soul jumped out of your body as you frantically grip onto your phone, fumbling with the buttons as you open up the text.

From: Sano Shinichiro

Im sorry for the late reply, something came up :))

Ill pick you up at 9! Wear something comfortable and maybe bring some spare clothes ;)

Good night! I hope that you dream about me ;) :) <3

You can feel your whole face heating up, a giggle escaping your lips as your eyes unconsciously averts to the black jacket beside you.

As if someone's in the room with you, you can't help but feel shy as you hold the jacket, fingers running over the Black Dragon embroidered logo and name along with the distinct indication of Shinichiro being the leader. It makes it feel so much more real, having his jacket with you.

"This feels like such a dream, Shinichiro. What am I going to do once I wake up?" You mutter to yourself as you stare down at your phone, unsure of what you're about to reply.

A simple heart will be good, right?

Or maybe a good night then a heart...

Smiley face then a heart before the good night?

An exasperated sigh leaves you as you roll your eyes, fingers pressing buttons quickly, just wanting to get things over with so that you can sleep and be ready for tomorrow.

To: Shinichiro :)

Good night, cant wait for tomorrow :) <3

You immediately turn off your phone, eyes squeezed shut as you basically roll around your bed, hands still holding onto his jacket. Accidentally, you catch a whiff of his jacket.

"No. I am not doing this." Abruptly standing up, holding the jacket as far away from you as possible before hanging it beside the outfit that you picked up earlier, doing your best to not take another smell 'cause you don't want to be a creep. Like what Wakasa said earlier.

Even though you can't take the scent off of your mind anymore, you still try your best to act casual before turning off the lights in your room and jumping onto your bed. A curse escaping you as you think about how his jacket smells just like him when you rode on his motorcycle.

"How am I gonna sleep now when all I can think about is you and your stupid jacket? Should've just made Wakasa return it earlier. Ughhh!"

~~~~~

With one last look at yourself in the mirror, you let out a deep breath, doing your best to calm yourself down before walking down the stairs, hands tightly gripping onto your purse and a little bag with your spare clothes.