130-132

Chapter 130 - I f She Didn't Try to Get Back at Them, They'd Have the Misimpression that They Could Walk All Over Her (1)

Fang JunRong always cared about her daughter. It didn't take her long to hear about what had happened to her daughter in the afternoon. Her eyes darkened when she found out that Zhang Bi was involved.

She called her daughter over and asked her for more details.

Li XinYun spared no details when she recounted the story to her mother. And then she added, "I am quite courteous to others normally, but that Zhang Bi just felt off. The timing was too perfect. He came right away after he heard noises."

He seemed to have been there out of the kindness of his heart. So had she doubted him, she would seem to be ungrateful (despite that fact that she didn't need his help after all). So she opted to pay him.

Li XinYun was simple, but she wasn't stupid. She only fell for Li WangJin previously because he was family and she trusted him.

"You are right. I think his goal is our Beautify Pills."

Fang JunRong straight up told Li XinYun about her past history with Zhang Bi. She was very pleased that her daughter was not fooled by him. Come to think about it, as the daughter of Li WangJin and Fang JunRong, she had been pampered by everyone around her since she was a child. Countless people from their circle had tried to kiss up to her and she was used to this since a very long time ago.

Li XinYun frowned and said, "What a despicable person. Annoying like a fly."

Fang JunRong felt that she should arm her daughter with more self-defense tools. Pepper spray alone might not be sufficient. Perhaps she could reach out to Jiang WenYu and he could prepare some sort of drugs.

"Oh, by the way, Mom. I want to acquire that Shengxing beverage company."

Fang JunRong looked up at her. Most likely Meng Xiang, the manager of Shengxing, was bribed by Zhang Bi to put on the show.

"You wanted revenge?"

Li XinYun said casually, "Sort of. Once I have acquired the company, I will be able to see whether there were issues with the books."

Otherwise, they'd have to pay him if they fire him.

"But that's not the only reason. I also want to test water and see how I do when it comes to managing a company. It so happened that our school is hosting some sort of activities and I can do some advertisement. There's no reason to benefit others."

The company wasn't big and probably would only cost tens of millions to acquire. If it was proven that this was not her forte, she'd just wait for her share of payment every year from now on.

Naturally, Fang JunRong would not discourage her drive. Her daughter has grown up and has her own ideas. Even if it was a flop, she'd just treat that as tuition for her daughter.

After getting her mother's buy-in, Li XinYun smiled brightly and had forgotten all about the incident with Zhang Bi. She had planned to ask around the employees at their company and see what she needed to do to acquire a company. She had already done some research and knew that the business status of the company hasn't been great in the last couple of years and had lost quite a bit of money. The likelihood of her acquiring it was quite high.

She even had the promotion plans all thought out, with the exception of input from some professionals in the field.

Fang JunRong, seeing her daughter in high spirit, smiled slightly. She thought of Zhong Yi. Zhong Yi was one year older than Li XinYun. She wondered what kind of plans Zhong Yi has for her future.