𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▌" I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND. HOW CAN SHADOWHUNTERS BE BETTER THAN... THAN WHAT YOU PEOPLE CALL MUNDANES? " Clary asks. 

" Because we protect humans. " Isabelle answers and Clary sighs. 

" You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock. " Clary says. 

" You were super pissed at that time. " Bonnie said. 

" Yeah, I was. " Clary says. 

" There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense. " Alec says and Clary scoffs. 

" That was a little mean. " Matt commented but heard some growls in background. 

" He is right. " Kol said. 

" Alec, not now. " 

" Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it. " 

" But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, ' Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone. ' " She sighs. " What am I supposed to do now? "

" We have to report to the Clave. " Alec says. 

" Great. " 

" They have to know we've learned about Valentine. " 

" What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon? " 

" Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup. " 

" Why? It makes new Shadowhunters. 

" Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself. " 

" Plus, it controls demons. " 

" The cup is pretty important. " Hope says. 

" Yes, it is. " Alec replies. 

" They'll propose a trade. Simon for the Cup. " 

" So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves? " 

" You were really planning on doing that? " Rose asks. 

" I mean, yeah. At that time if I had the cup, I would have done that. " Clary answers.