Chapter 38.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"You know what? Sure!" Petunia told Y/n and smiled as she gave Y/n's free hand a squeeze.

"Wonderful! I could bring some pastries from a local cafe in my neighborhood!" She suggested and the couple grinned before they resumed on eating.

Harry himself just sat there stunned not at how peaceful his aunt and uncle were, they were like that since Y/n arrived already, but at how easily she saved him. She just came in and took him away from all the bad things, that were happening to him and Harry felt so incredibly lucky.

He also wondered, why if Y/n could easily take him in.. Why didn't Dumbledore help him? Why didn't anyone else help him? They just let him be, not even trying to take him away from this hellhole..

When Y/n saw Harry's frown, she gave his hand a squeeze to get his attention and smiled down at him gently. And as Harry focused on that smile, he felt butterflies in his stomach. There also seemed to be an halo of sorts around the tall Hufflepuffs head, that was actually just the bright kitchen light blinding him. Nobody had to tell him that though.

After they all ate breakfast, the Dusleys went up to their rooms to get ready, while Y/n offered to clean up. She had to convince the couple for a while, but Dudley also chimed in and managed to convince his parents that it was just a nice gesture from Y/n. Harry stuck to her side the whole time, as she was cleaning the used plates and utensils. He wanted to help, but just stared at her instead. Mesmerized by her kindness.

When she noticed his gaze, she asked him without looking away from the dishes. "What is it, lightning bolt?"

Harry huffed at the nickname before getting closer to her, as if seeking her warmth in the sunny summer heat and opened his mouth. "Why did you help me, Y/n?" He asked, as he let his one arm snake around her waist. The boy was tugging at her Weasley sweater, as if to get more of her attention already.

"Because you are my friend and I care for you Harry.." Y/n answered him, as she felt him stepping even closer to her. He was basically hugging her from behind now.

And Y/n didn't do anything about it. She just washed the last plate, before laying it on the rack and turned around, still in his embrace.

She let him cuddle into her chest, knowing that Harry was probably so touch starved and lonely in this house and needed some comfort. Y/n only responded with stroking his hair gently and giving the top of his head a gentle kiss. And that kiss caused the butterflies to go even wilder in Harry's stomach. It was probably not only butterflies anymore, but a whole zoo down there by now.