chapter 11

feeling light headed i feel someone calling my name. the room im in his hot and stuffy but whatever im leaning aginst is cold..and sharp.

hearing them call my name aagin i whimper opening my eyes slowly feeling this weight and heaviness about my body.

"clary?" i mutter confused seeing her tsood up in a small metal cage across from me.

seeing her looking at me with wide desperte eyes holding onot the bars of the cage she looks at me.

"gracie"she shouts making me whimper and try to push myself to stand npt having the strenght to do so. i lean on the cage bars looking out at her.

"clary whats going on?" i shout making her look at me still with wide eyes. i whimpergain this time a different whimper. i feel myself wanting to slip.

great timing.

whining i push myself to sit back agisnst the bars burring mmy headin my knees tears rolling down in fear as i slip compltely.

"gracie!gracie look at me!" i hear clary shouting making me look up with tears running down my face at her."im gonna get us out of here okay?" she speaks a serious look on her face as she looks at me and the tears realising ive slipped." its gonna be okay" she speaks making me cry.

hearing footsteps com into the room clary over at the door seeing dot walking in.

"what did you do to us?" she screams loudly looking at the person we once trusted.

"im so sorry girls." dot speaks looking between our cages, no emostion in her voice as she speaks

"Up there with Jace, that... that wasn't me talking"clary mutters making me lift my head up looking at her confused."I can't see the future, can I?"he asks looking towards dot with tears in her eyes.

"No. Valentine made me cast a spell on you so that you'd do as I'd say....you sister just followed along...he knew she would."dot speaks making a big tear run down my face looking at them.

"You used us." clary mutters glancing at me and then back at dot surprised.

" And I have to do it again. It wears off quickly on Shadowhunters."dot speaks going to reach threw the bars only for clary to step back and shake her head.

"No, Dot! Please, no! You don't have to do this."clary cries letting the tears in her eyes fall.

"If I don't, he'll get angry, and we don't want that." dot speaks going to reach threw the bars agin but clary stops her once again.

"Dot, remember... remember when I got grounded when my mom realized that I went to see Simon's band? You brought me gelato from Little Italy to cheer me up. I will never forget that." clary rants looking towards dot with wide eyes trying to amke her stop.

"It wasn't from Little Italy. It was from Rome"dot speaks shaking her head staring at clary.

"or when gracie managed to get yellow paint all over moms new dress. and you helped her clean it before mom even realised.2 clary rants quickly glancing at me making me whimper. dot glances at me making me look down and burry my head in my knees not wanting to look at her.

"See? You were like a big sister to us."clarys despete voice speaks out looking dot."Dot, you have always had our backs, no matter what."clary tells her seriously.

"Why did you stop looking for me?"dot questions straing at her a tear rolls down her face as she looks at clary.

"Magnus couldn't feel your magic anymore. We thought Valentine had killed you."clary shighs shaking her head looking at dot.

" No. He just experimented on me."dot speaks stepping towards clary again.

"Dot, please, help me. We may not be able to go back to the way things were, but it doesn't have to be like this."clarys desperte voice calls out.

"You don't understand. He will find us."dot speaks shaking her head looking at clary worriedly.

"We will stay with Magnus, hide behind his wards."clary says making me look up at the sound of magnus name.

"Please, Dot." i beg making the girl look towards me. her emostions do not change as she turns around and walk off.

leaving both me and clary in these cages.

with tears rolling down my face still i whimper thinking about where magnus and even alec is now. i sigh wrapping my arms around myself digging my head into my knees blocking out the sounds of the growls around us in the other cages.

i dont remember how long we was in the cages for but she came back. 

she came back and she helped us.

i remember clary wrapping her arms around me pulling me up from the dirty floor making me instantly latching onto her sobbing.

"its okay i got you" she speaks holding me tightly.

we manage to get outside. off the boat. me holding onto clarys hand tightly looking around the whole time as we rush off the bao and down the dock.

with dot next to us we rush to the edn fot he dock onto solid land and instantly notice valentine as well as jace and other guy stood there.

aswell as them there is a gil dressed in full white with white hairt is tood there, jace holding a blade to her thorat.

dot walks off leaving the baot heading for safety i think, whilst clary squeezes my hand and we rush towards them,

"jace!" clary shouts running up to them with me hiding behind her.

"clarissa,gracelynn how nice of you to join us" valenitine speaks turning adn looking at us as we approach them."perhaps one of you can convice your brother to finish what he started" valentine speaks gestring to jace still holding the blade to this girls throat.

"jace you need to listen to me" clary speaks staring at jace hervoice desperte as she looks at him. he turns and looks at her still holding the blade to the gilrs neck."everything i said before..i was under a spell." she speaks slowly stepping towards him.

 she holds my hand tightly as he looks at us.

we come and stand infront of him he looks at us.

"run!2 clary shouts making his eyes snap and he instantly goes to run clary pulling me by my hand with him.

we instantly come to a stop as we see people coming dwon from the boat.

"johnathan!2 valentine shouts angrily."johnathon there is no way out" he shouts watching us.

jace grabs clarys arm pulling us with him towards them until he drop her hand and holds out his sword.

 thoes guys come up to us and jace starts fighten them making clary hold me against her watching.

jace batteles these two guys killing both of them before looking at us instantly making clary run still holding my hand.

we go to continue running whe jace stops and groans, lifting a finger up to his nose he groans, blood is dripping down.

clary drops my hand and instantl7y goes to hus side and holds him up as he groans.

we hear valentine shout jaces name agian making me look around and step closer to clary and jace.

we notice dot stood on the other side of the dock.

she opens a portal staring at us.

"we have to go now!" clary screams to jace making him graon and look up.

they start running towards the edge of the dock making me gulp and run after them quickly clary grabs a hold of my hand as i reach them before they both jump off te edge of the dock, clarys hold on my hand pulling me over the railing too making us land into the water below.