F I V E

5
_

_____.______

______

I blink blankly, subconsciously, at the white ceiling. A yawn escapes me, and through my fatigued body, I raise my hand to cover my mouth and quickly collapse it back down. I am tired; it is the only thought going through my mind. Partly because I am tired and partly because I want to avoid all thoughts of having a conversation with Aldo about the past and bygones. I groan as I toss to my side on the bed, annoyed at the self-inflicted reminder. I start to roam my eyes all over the room in an attempt to distract myself from damaging thoughts. But when my eyes lock on the clock that is signalling the nearness of three o'clock, all attempts are forgotten as I jump to my feet and trot towards the bathroom.

Aldo most definitely hates me now, or he thinks I am avoiding the conversation. And he would be correct to think that, but I would rather get kicked on the ass by a donkey than admit it. I grab the hem of my PJ top and slide it off. Then I roll down the bottoms from my legs, and as I get inside the bathroom, I strip out of my underwear and proceed to have the quickest morning routine in my history.

The room was prepared with all the essentials by the maids last night, so everything I need is accessible, including a change of clothes. When I opened the huge wardrobe in the morning, a hint of disappointment passed through my chest when I found only two outfits hanging inside. Thanks to my love of clothes, however, soon after, a smile decorates my cheeks whole as I read the note that Aldo placed on the empty shelves: "Don't worry, little Clar, tomorrow when you wake up, I will take you shopping so you can fill this wardrobe with the clothes of your choice. P.S. I haven't forgotten your intense love for clothes. P.S.S. I have a lot of money, don't worry, even your shopping-obsessed tendencies can't make me go bankrupt ;)"

I put on the nicest of the two outfits I was prepared, nude leggings paired with a faint grey hoodie that has 'that bee' written on the left side of the hoodie in white cursive. This has Aldo written all over it; the quote is most likely what caught his eye and made him get it for me. Looking down at it, I surprisingly like it. I guess I'm going to keep this hoodie. I brush my brown curls out and style my hair up in a ponytail. With a glance at the clock that now points out that the time is fifteen minutes past three, I head out.

Closing the door behind me, I round the corner to get to Aldo's room. Once I am in front of his door, I knock twice and hold my hands behind my back as I wait for him to open the door. In a few seconds, the door creaks open, and Aldo's stern face immediately softens when his eyes find me standing there. "Hey, Clar, do you know what time it is?" He pushes the door so it completely opens, sidestepping as a stupid grin pushes his cheeks upwards, so I can get inside. "I think it's around nine in the morning, why do you ask?" I lie through my teeth as I step inside his room and flip him off in the process.

He giggles quietly, not entertaining our little skit any longer, presumably because of the two serious-looking men sitting on the brown leather sofa. There are a bunch of papers scattered on the table, a new one because Aldo broke the first one yesterday, and two guns, each belonging to a man. A lust-filled look is displayed on their faces when they see me, but Aldo instantly scares it off them with a serious warning. "This is my daughter; watch yourselves before I rip those filthy eyeballs from their sockets."