chapter 16

we headed down to the crime scene. ;uke was there leading police oficers away from the crime whilst we had up a sheild stopping them from actually seeing the dead body.

i wish i had that on my eyes. 

im gonna have nightmares for weeks.

"thats disgusting" i say turning around not being bale to even look at it."yuck2 i mutter holdingalecs hand.

"come on" he says pushing me forwards.

we went and checked out the are around before holding back over to the body and izzy who is testing it.

alec pulls my hood up on my jacket over my eyes stopping me frown looking at the body.

"Well, this is one nasty demon. Punched a hole right through his chest."izzy speaks as we approach her and luke walks threw the sheild looking at it.

"With that kind of strength, I doubt it's done yet."luyke says frowning looking down at it.

"Nothing in the immediate area."alec speaks turning em around so he doesnt have to hold my hodd over my face. i frown looking at the buldings behidn him kinda annoyed that i cant see anything interseting but im gonna have evn more nightamres if i look at that thing one more time.

"We're taking the body back to the Institute. I'll run some tests to see what kind of demon we're dealing with."izzy says standing up pulling the gloves off her hands.

"gracie, clary and I will widen the perimeter."alec speaks pulling me onto his back making me hide my head in his neck closing my eyes.

"Hey, Fray!" he shouts making my sister who was looking around the over by the edge of the sheild. she turn and looks at him confuse."We got a demon to hunt." he says putting his hands under my legs holding me aginst his back."come on" he says before he starts to walk off with me on his back making clary jogg.

she looks up at me and smile down at yher.

"dont smile at me you get the easy job" she says making me frown. i stick out my tounge at her making alec click his.

"Most important thing Don't slow me down." alec says making calry nod walking quickly to keep up with him."You slow me down, you get us both killed." he says making her shurg.

"Sounds reasonable." she says before alec comes to a stop outside a bulding.

he slides me down from his back making me frown. but he grabs clarys hand and starts drawing a rune on the back of her hand.

"i want one" i say when hes finished hers.

"no way2 he says shaking his head at me.

"alec please...." i say making him shake his hand again." dont you want me to be prepared if i get taken again?" i ask him making him huff.

i smile as he grabs my arm pulling up my sleave trying my arm over making both of us frown.#

where my healing rune once was there is nothning there.

seeing this i instantly snap out of little space.

i frown taking my arm out of alecs hold looking over it confused. i roll up my other sleave and frown seeing it not on that side either/

"what the hell?" i mutter confusedglancing up at alec."have you ever seen anthing like this?2 i ask him confused.

 he shakes his head no making me take a deep breath.

"thats why the cut on my head didnt heal..." i mutter..

its gone...

"i still wnat that other rune" i tell him making me look at me and shake his head.

"after looking at that you still want another one?" he asks m confused making me nod.

"alec im serious just do it2 i tell him looking up at him. he stares at me until he sighs grabbing my arm pulling myself sleave up even more before drawing the rune painfully onto my arm.

"whats it for?"clary asks standing behind us pulling her sleaves up.

"to see the demons heat signitures." he explains looking at me making me smile slightly and pull my sleave down.

frowning looking around the street everything is slightly blurry and out of place.

"woah" i mutter stumbing slightyl as i go to step but alec put a hand on my waist stopping me.

"first time can be sensory over load" alec explains looking between me and clary."The trick is to focus. Try to filter out everything unimportant, hone in on the heat signature."alec explains his hands on my waist glacning at me and clary as we look forwards.

 everything is still blurry howver.

"yeah, im honing." clary huffs making me glance at her and almost loose mt blaence at how dizzy this makes you feel.

"i dont see anything." i mutrer lookuing away from her and down the street confused.

"patience"alec mutwers oulling me back aginst him making me scoff.

"easy for you to say." i huff rolling my eyes everything still blurry. alec squeezes my hips making me gulp slightly as hw warns me.

"yeah for 2 girls s who havent been training their whole lives this stuff is impossible."clary groans next to me making me nod agreeing with her.

alec just huffs and drops his hands from my hips only to grab my hand and pull me along as he starts walking, clary walks quicly next to me.

"Impossible just means try again." alec tells us making me scoff at him."Not that you have to worry about all that. You'll be outta the field soon enough."alec says making me me and clary both look at him confused."You're going to Idris."alec explains amking me even more confused.

"we are?"i ask frowning looking between thr pair of them. no ones told me about this....

"Wow, news travels fast. "clary sighs making me turn and look at her this time.

"whats going on?" i ask her as we continue to walk but she just ignores me.

"I haven't decided yet, so don't get too excited about throwing a going away party."clary speaks sarcatsically making me still look between my sister and boyfriend confused.

"Honestly, I think you'll like Idris. It's amazing. "alec speaks suqeezing  y hand making me look at him frowning.

 how lomg has he known about this?

and i am going with her or just clary?"

"Yeah?" clary asks loking at him slightly."I bet that it'd be pretty amazing to get me out of your hair, huh?"clary asks scarstcailly making alec smirk.

"I didn't say that. you did" alec replies back squeezing my hand as we walk around the corner.

" im still confused." i mutter but neither of them hear me as we walk around another corner and down another street.

 chosing to just keave it alone and question both of them when we get home.

what i really want to know is what the hellhappened to my rune?

and why has it dissappeared?