095. regulus' eighteenth birthday

H I R A E T H

xcv||regulus' eighteenth birthday

Regulus is awoken by Nymphadora's yells behind his door. He had locked it the previous night to make sure no one came in to check on him and he was crying over Romeo and Juliet. He groans slightly as he sits up and walks over to the door, opening it wide and the seven year old girl leaps into the room, wrapping her arms around his legs making Regulus chuckle and ruffle her bright pink hair.

"Reggie—who's this lady? I recognise her." Nymphadora says, jumping on Regulus' bed and grabbing a picture he keeps with him of Maria. It's small, like a Polaroid. It's of her, just her in Paris, in front of the Eiffel Tower holding a large teddy bear and smiling brightly. She's wearing a beautiful blue dress reaching just above her knees with a small bit of bleak age and her eyes closed as she smiles with her teeth. She told him to throw it away, that she looks awful and hyper on it. But he thinks she looks ethereal.

"That, Dora, is someone I love very much." Regulus whispers with a cheeky smile as he watches the seven year old examine the picture.

"She's very pretty."

"She is." Regulus agrees, sitting beside Nymphadora who smiles excitedly.

"Can she come here?!" The hyperactive metamorphmagus asks quickly. "Please—please!"

"Maybe—maybe." Regulus laughs as his cousin launch's her tiny body at him but he grabs her and begins tickling her sides making her cackle uncontrollably, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

"What's her name?" Nymphadora says between laughs and Regulus pauses, giving the girl with bright hair a moment to escape and sit facing her cousin.

"Maria, her name's Maria." Regulus smiles and Nymphadora grins. "You have met her. You probably just don't remember. It was a while ago."

"Well, Mummy's making pancakes." Nymphadora smiles, grabbing his hand and dragging him down the hall and into the kitchen/dining room.

He really does envy Andromeda's style of living. The cottage in the hills near the coast, the small yet cozy bedrooms and living room, but the spacious kitchen. There's a counters in an 'L' shape against one of the walls and a window looking over the garden where there's a slide and swing for Nymphadora. It's decorated in pale greens and whites, a small island in the middle where Andromeda is folding some washing when the two rush into the room.

"Morning." Andromeda raises her eyebrows and Regulus smiles at her, sitting at the round dinner table with Nymphadora. Ted strolls in, his usually lightly gelled hair now messy and curly and he's wearing dress pants and an unbuttoned white shirt with a vest underneath it. He has a mug of coffee in his hands as he goes over to Nymphadora first to jab her in her side making her yelp with a bright smile on her face.