Backstage

After the meet-and-greet, I headed back to the green room, and to my surprise, my friends were already there waiting on me. Right when I stepped through the door, they all rushed me and began congratulating me on the show.

"O! That show was awesome!" Dex said, throwing an arm around my shoulders, "I think it was your best one yet!"

"Yeah! I forgot how insane your shows are! You really need to come back to town more and perform!" Adam chimed, clapping my shoulder.

I smiled at the both of them, "Thanks, you guys. I appreciate it."

"By the way," Dex began, "Are there still a couple of your fans outside?"

I quirked an eyebrow and carefully answered his question, "I think so. Why?" He didn't even answer me. He just bolted out the door screaming, "Dex is coming, ladies!"

I just stared after him, wide-eyed and confused. Adam chuckled and shook his head, "I'll go after him. Wouldn't want his heart to be broken by rejection. Again." Adam jogged out of the room after Dex, leaving me to now laugh at their antics.

Now that they were gone, I turned my attention to Alyssa and smiled, "Hey, how'd you like the show?"

She returned the grin, "It was amazing! Gabby wasn't wrong. Your performances are incredible!"

I could feel my face heat up a little, "Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

She nodded excitedly, "I really did! I'm also happy that my lucky charm worked!"

Suddenly as if a light bulb went off, I remembered the charm in my pocket. I reached inside my jacket and pulled out the little silver flower, "Here you go. Thank you again for letting me borrow it."

She shook her head a pushed my outstretched hand back towards me, "No, you keep it. It seemed to work wonders for you tonight, and I want you to have that every time you perform."

My face softened, "Are you sure? I know it means a lot to you."

"Yes, I'm positive. Besides, after what you said at rehearsals earlier, it sounds like you need something to bring you peace of mind before and during a show."

"Thanks, Aly. I can't tell you how much this means to me," I said, slipping the trinket back into my jacket pocket.

She smiled a warm smile at me, "Anytime. And...call it even after you helped me at Adam's party."

"I guess that sounds fair," I said with a little smile and my gaze on the floor.

I looked up and met her gaze. Once again, those sparkling blue eyes were shining with happiness, making me feel some type of feeling. It was a warm, comforting feeling. A feeling I honestly didn't want to disappear. I don't know why, but I began to lean forward, and I noticed that she was doing the same. My breath slightly hitched and felt my eyes beginning to close. But, before we could get any closer, the door shot open, and the other two came bounding in. Alyssa and I quickly sprang apart and looked toward the boys, but neither of them seemed to notice both of our faces burning red.

"Did you really have to pull me away from those girls? I was this close to getting the blonde's number!" Dex complained as Adam followed in behind him.

"No, you weren't, you idiot. And, yes, they didn't want anything to do with you!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

My eyes darted over to Alyssa again, she was shaking her head while giggling slightly. Seeing her laugh at the situation, and hearing them argue back and forth, made me laugh and smile. I'll never understand why I have friends like them, but I've gotta admit they make for great entertainment.

"Okay, that's enough, you two," I said crossing my arms and smiling amusingly. Dex stuck his tongue out towards Adam. Adam rolled his eyes and walked over to grab his phone off the charger while plopping on the couch. Alyssa giggled once more and gave me a small, entertained smile. I could tell she was still trying to break whatever little bit of tension we had between us from earlier, and so far, it was working. We didn't need the others suspecting something was going on, even though nothing was happening. At least...I don't think anything is happening.

Dex speaking to the other two snapped me out of my thinking, and I turned to see what he was talking about.

"We need to do something and not just sit here for the rest of the night! Let's go do something fun!"

"It's late," Adam commented, "Nothing's going to be open for a bunch of teenagers."

Dex threw an arm around my shoulders, "Well, how about we send out a mass invite and have another party at your place!"

"Hard pass. I've had enough of parties for a while."

Dex groaned at our older friend's words, "Then what are we going to do? Die of boredom here?" That's when Alyssa piped up.

"What if we do something simple? Adam, what if we went to our favorite diner? It's open all night, right?"

Adam's eyes lit up. "Yeah, that's right!" His gaze shifted from his sister to Dex and me, "How about it? Wanna see mine and Lyssa's favorite hangout spot?"

"Sounds good to me. It's better than some wild party." I said, nodding my head.

Adam looked to Dex specifically, "Dex? You in?"

He sighed and relented, "Fine. At least we won't be stuck here."

Adam jumped up from his spot on the sofa, "Alright then! Let's head out!"

Alyssa smiled happily at Adam and bounced out the door behind him, leaving me and Dex to follow them with curiosity and excited suspense.