Fighting

Tommy remembers the first time he got into a fight.
He was a 9th grader. It was free time during History so he was lounging around with Tubbo and Ranboo, his platonic soulmates. It was one of those days, where talking seemed impossible and being the hyper, big man, Tommyinnit was too hard, and his soulmates understood. So they were bantering, filling in Tommy's silence to help him feel comfortable. 
Tommy doesn't notice as Justin and Harold appear, standing in front of their 3 desks they've pushed together. 
"Can we help you?" Tubbo asks, pushing his hair back so they can see nukes eyes. 
"We wanted to ask Tommy something." Justin says, hiding the malice behind his words. 
Tommy looks up, blinking and becoming present. 
"Whaddya want bitch?" He asks, sounding tired. 
"Is it true you have 5 parents?" Justin asks. 
Tommy narrows his eyes. "Yeah, why?" 
The 2 wrinkle their noses simultaneously. 
"That's not natural. Romantic soul bonds don't ever have more than 2 people." Hayden sneers. 
"They don't have a romantic soul bond, not all of them at least. They are in a romantic relationship, but all of their souls aren't bound." Tommy explains, hands gripping his desk tight, he is wide awake now.
"That's even worse! You should only be with your soulmate!" Justin exclaims.
Tommy sees red and the next thing he remembers is walking to the office with Ranboo and Tubbo holding his hands. Justin and Hayden are walking with them a few feet away, both of the boys roughed up. 
"Did I do that?" Tommy mutters, glancing back and forth between his soulmates and the 2 boys. 
Ranboo nods. "You were really mad. The teacher pulled you off and well…" Ranboo points towards the teacher who is walking with them. 
Tommy winces when he sees his nose is broken. 
That wasn't the last time Tommy fought someone. 
Whether it be for making fun of his friends, his dad, anyone important to him really, he never thought twice about attacking the people who did. He fought without a second thought, all that mattered was that no one was allowed to insult his people like that. 
It all goes to shit when he's a Junior. 
Another jab at his family, another fight he starts.
This time though? He's not the stronger opponent. 
Tommy is lunging at Mason Ahyes one second and the next he's in the ambulance with a broken arm, fractured ankle, and a bloody nose. He suspects he also has a few broken ribs if his chest and breathing have anything to say about it. He's not crying, he never cries, he's been through this before. But he is cussing out the nearest person, who just so happens to be his soulmates. 
Ranboo and Tubbo don't take it personally, they know it's Tommy's way of saying he's in pain. He's never been one to cry and they know this. They've known him since he was 4, and they're platonic soulmates, they know each other. 
When they arrive, Dream, Quackity, and George are waiting. When they see Tommy, they all instantly spring up, worry radiating off of them in waves. They aren't allowed to follow the doctors back for now and neither are Ranboo and Tubbo, who rode in the ambulance. 
"What happened?" Dream asks Tommy's soulmates as soon as he's out of earshot. 
"Well…" Tubbo trails off with a sigh. "Mason was talking hardcore shit about you guys, like any of Tommy's opponents seem to do. In normal Tommy manor he instantly lunged but Mason was too strong for him and did that." 
"You're telling me that another kid did that?" Quackity asks, astonished. 
Ranboo nods. "Yeah… Mason is a senior and bigger than… everybody besides me. He's like, 6'4" and he's really buff." 
"Are they doing anything about this?" Dream seethes. 
Tubbo shakes his head. "No. Tommy threw the first punch so he's getting expelled. It's not his first fight and as Principal Newman said, 'We cannot condone fighting like this anymore,' or something like that." 
"So, our son is getting expelled for being provoked by a Senior who then proceeded to beat him enough to send him to the ER!?" Quackity exclaims, hands balled into fists at his side. 
George wraps a comforting arm around Quackity's shoulder, trying to keep him calm. 
"Yeah, it's not fucking fair. The school knows Tommy, knows he only fights people who talk shit about his family. I wanted to sucker punch Mr. Newman but that wouldn't have done any good." Tubbo huffs out, crossing his arms in front of his chest. 
"I thought they had changed but then they do this and tolerate all of that bullshit. I will not fucking stand for this." Quackity whips out his phone and walks off a bit as he starts talking to someone. 
"Don't worry boys, we'll talk to Puffy and Eret, you guys aren't staying at that school for long." Dream reassures. 
The 2 nod. 
"That's good. We don't want to be without Tommy, it hurts." 
Sapnap and Karl come walking through the doors before anyone else can say anything. 
"How is he? What happened?" Sapnap asks hurriedly. 
As Dream fills them in, and brings them over to Quackity, George leads the other 2 teens to sit down with him. 
"How are you 2? It's never easy to watch someone you care for get hurt." George asks softly. 
Ranboo and Tubbo shudder. 
"It was terrible. Mason's friends wouldn't let us help so we started screaming. We were out front so it took a bit for anyone else to get there and by that time Tommy's arm and some of his ribs were already broken." Ranboo explains quietly, tears pricking his eyes. 
George pulls the 2 of them in for a hug, letting them cry. 
"I'm sorry boys. We'll make sure this never happens again, okay?" 
The 2 nod, continuing to cry into George's shoulder. 

By the time Tommy is released from the hospital (3 days later), all 3 of them are already transferred to a school that's inclusive and caring (Puffy works there as well), and their old school has been sued. Tommy has to take it easy for the next 6 to 8 weeks since he severely broke his arm, plus his ribs and fractured ankle. He has to use crutches and can't do any real labor. 
His family uses it as an excuse to baby him, which he claims to hate but really loves it. He adores his family, its why he was always fighting in the first place. 
He's glad to be out of that school. Now he's in a better place with the best family and soulmates he could ask for.
He's especially glad to have his fathers. He loves them more than life itself and would never trade them for anything.