Seven | Tear

A crowd was beginning to form, but Visena didn't care. 

Something inside her was itching — no, clawing to come out. Her frustration rose when Eve frowned at her request. "I can't do that."

"Why not?" She didn't want to whine, but she needed a release. Prim's weak, baby punches weren't cutting it.

Eve walked backwards with her hands up. "It's not right... I'm sorry." She didn't look very sorry.

Jed wouldn't meet her eyes either.

"Ugh." Her muscles were aching now. "Will someone just humour me, please?"

"My pleasure, little Fae..." Liam's cocky grin was perfect fuel for Visena. She grinned, and his smirk faltered imperceptibly.

"Come on then." Her tone was seductive. Come into the spider web, little fly.

Just when she thought he would back out, he stepped into the square, pulling his shirt off in one smooth motion. Liam's core definition would put most men to shame. He surely had less than five per cent body fat. She could see every muscle the human anatomy could offer. His punch would hurt if she was wrong.

Prim stepped between them momentarily. Visena couldn't stop thinking, If she tries to stop this, I'm gonna kick her ass.

Thankfully, she didn't. "If it gets too much, you can step out of the square, and the match will end."

Both of them nodded as Prim backed away. All sound ceased as the pack's eyes were on them. Gideon looked on from the background wary but intrigued. Visena sensed if Liam actually hurt her, there would be hell to pay.

They circled each other, and she saw Liam's eyes drift behind her where Gideon was standing. His head dropped slightly before he met her eyes again. She watched his adam's apple bob a few times when his fist flew at her face. She was just out of range, and she felt the lightest tap of his knuckles on her nose, causing her to sneeze.

A few chuckles sounded out around them. "You didn't even try to block or parry. This is a terrible idea," Liam grumbled at her.

"You were out of range, don't be a little bitch."

His brows rose into his hairline, and he cracked his knuckles. "Little Fae has claws, huh?"

She met him with a grin as he jabbed, checking his reach. She pushed his fist down a few times so he would go through with the cross. Finally, he threw a real punch at her head. She shifted ever so slightly on her feet, ducked her head, and pushed his fist over her shoulder, but she was out of practice.

He clipped her cheek just hard enough to break skin inside her mouth. She tilted her head down as her tongue probed the cut and realised her mouth was quickly filling with blood. Visena swore she could hear the crowd's hearts beat faster in the silence.

A low growl emanated from across the yard, but an over-the-shoulder wink from Visena was just enough to quiet the Alpha. She stood tall and reset her stance, mouth pressed closed. Liam looked pale, which only made Visena annoyed. 

"Again, " she demanded, letting the torrent of blood spill down her chin. She heard gasps from the pack, and Liam stepped back. 

"Are you okay?"

"Trust me." She wiped a backhand across her mouth, shaking the blood splatters onto the dirt below. "One more time."

She could see him gathering the courage. She was sure Gideon threatened him somehow. "Please."

Something changed in his eyes, and he lowered his stance.

Her muscles held memory. She knew they did.