Fulfilling Promises! CH-44

Wulfric spoke up as he looked at Gary "Gary isn't it right? What about we battle tonight? Then I should have enough time to heal my pokemon."

Gary: Sure!

Bonnie: What are we gonna do in the meantime then?

"Max?" Ash said as he looked over at the young trainer.

"You mean...?" Max said as stars appeared in his eyes.

"After we bring my pokemon to the pokemon center, we can have our battle? How about a 2 on 2?"

"YES PLEASE!" Max shouted as he was overjoyed and excited.

The whole gang laughed about the young trainer from Petalburg city's excitement.

Suddenly something came to Ash's mind before he spoke up. "Viola did you manage to get the battle on film? We need to deliver that to professor Sycamore so he can use the footage for teaching purposes."

"Ofcourse Ash! It's right here!" Viola said as she held her camera up while pointing at it.

"Thanks Viola!" Ash said with a smile on his face.

Serena: Shall we get to the pokemon center now? We can pick up the footage after Gary's battle.

Viola: I think that would be a great Idea!

"Then it's decided! Let's go to the pokemon center now!" Ash said as he started walking with a big smile on his face.

Serena quickly made her way next to Ash and clinged herself on Ash's arm while resting her head on his shoulder. Ash's other arm was around Lucario's neck who did the same with Ash as he was still struggling to walk. Lucario hadn't fully recovered yet. Pikachu was with Brock because he wanted to look at him first.

They made their way to the pokemon center where Ash delivered his injured pokemon at the frontdesk, nurse Joy took them with Chansey into a different room to treat them.

"Done!" Ash said with a smile as he walked back to the group, looking at Serena who was sitting on a bench in the pokemon center.

Serena smiled at Ash who sat down next to her, giving her a kiss on her cheek in the process, causing a slight pink tint on her cheeks.

Max walked over to Ash, feeling a bit nervous as he said "A-Ash c-can we have o-our b-battle now?" While stuttering.

Ash quickly glanced at Serena who smiled as she nodded with a smile before he replied. "Sure! Let's go to the battlefield behind the pokemon center.

Max felt excited as the long promised battle was finally happening. Misty agreed to be the referee as Brock was helping nurse Joy, Gary was doing some last minute research for his battle against Wulfric and Shauna, May and Dawn were talking about the difference and similarities between contests and performances. Bonnie was playing with her Dedenne, Flabebe and Fennekin.

They made their way to the battlefield behind the pokemon center, Serena and Bonnie wanted to watch the battle so they sat down on a little bench next to the pokemon center. There was a small canopy over the bench so that people could sit there when it rained aswell.

Ash stood at one side of the battlefield with an enlarged pokeball in his hand while Max stood across from him. He had a big grin on his face while he grabbed his first pokemon.

Misty: This will be a 2 on 2 battle between Ash and Max. When either side's pokemons are unable to battle, the other wins. Are you both ready?

Both Ash and Max nodded before looking back at eachother.