Ch. 7: Spells Love - One Week Later

"I finally have everything I need to get this to work!" Melinda Grovers said excitedly as she sat on her bed in front of a small altar.

Yes, you guessed right! She was a witch! She has been one since she was a sophomore in high school. However, she was neither into black or white magic but grey magic. The practice of both, neither good nor bad.

Her altar had a medium-size tray beside a somewhat small cauldron. They contained a pink fabric cut into a heart dotted with an essential passion oil, two red rose petals, four dark pink ribbons, a picture she secretly took of her major crush, Ray Stantz - his name written on the back. Four crystals were on each corner of the tray.

Melinda wore a silver pentacle with a purple full moon in the center of the star and five crescent moons looping through the points. Five triquetras sat among the circle at each point of the star around her neck.

She picked up an ancient-looking book called Spells of Your Desire. It has an English title, but the spells inside were in Latin.

This would be the second incantation she has used from this book. The first one was a few years back that helped her land a job as a nurse.

The book didn't come with consequences, so she knew she could trust it to give her Ray: Forever.

She opened the book to the spot she marked with a red cheery blossom bookmarker. Page 238: Love Enchantment. This category had different love enchantments. The spell she was to use was the second spell on the page.

Ray had a proclaimed girlfriend, so the cheating-on-their-mate love spell was a perfect choice.

Melinda laid the tome on her lap and picked up the first crystal and a piece of the dark pink ribbon. She looked the chant over to memorize it, closed her eyes to concentrate, then began saying the first part of the incantation.

"Ut det mihi quod ego appello antiquam virtutem volo.

I evocant dea amoris."

She tied a dark pink ribbon around the crystal then put it in the cauldron.

She picked up Ray's picture and read the second part of the spell.

"Dea amoris vos Ray Stantz mihi, ut sit tibi nunc et semper amantis."

She did the same thing with the same color ribbon, tying Ray's picture to another crystal and setting it next to the first one.

Melinda picked up the two rose petals.

"Invoco te, dea amoris ligare nos duo in aeternum."

She repeats the process with the third crystal, laying it next to the others.

Grovers picked up the two final pieces and said the remaining words.

"Dea amoris faciunt Ray Stantz amor tantum mihi resplendent.

Quisque semper cor meum. Sic fiat semper."

The pink fabric heart was now with its crystal and in the cauldron. Because the fabric was coated with flammable oil, Melinda was able to start the fire in the pot with ease to allow the spell to take full effect.

As the fire melted the materials, the crystals glowed a bright yellow.

-Day Before the Spell-