26

Harry Styles

"I can't believe this is happening." Ash was gawking at Cleo, practically drooling at her during the entire dinner. "Just sign your name, I'll be happy if you write 'fuck off' to be honest."

Cleo chuckled under her breath and turned to look at me, scrunching up her nose in the most adorable way.

"Do you seriously want an autograph?" She asked Ash. "Okay... this is a first for me."

"I'm happy to take your autograph virginity." Ash cackled, and maybe she was a bit drunk already, but not too much.

We had already finished dinner but Cleo and I barely ate anything, we just drank some wine and watched as Zayn and Ash devoured pretty much the entire dish and made fun of me in the process with old stories about teen Harry.

Zayn wasn't wasted, but he was already a bit tipsy from all the wine. I was very much sober, probably more aware than I should be. For example, Cleo was sitting right next to me and the way she kept crossing and uncrossing her legs and bumping into my leg was driving me insane.

She would also lean a little too close when she wanted to ask me for more wine or simply to make a comment, and she always smelled so fucking good. I was paying too much attention to her, I missed her a lot.

I missed kissing her and touching her, and yes I was a bit wary about it. But she was going to kiss me right before Ash arrived, I hadn't forgotten about that. Maybe she missed me just as much, even though we were spending the last few days together.

Things weren't the same, it was a little awkward and tense, and I didn't want to do or say something to fuck it up. Cleo was doing so much better, I was so fucking proud of her. She talked to me and she was open, she cried and she accepted her pain.

And she wanted me to be close to her. Watching the person you love being so broken and vulnerable was really hard, now I could understand how she felt when she helped me with my episodes.

I was just glad things between us weren't as bad as they were when we fought, I knew she struggled to talk about her feelings but she actually surprised me a lot. Of course, she wasn't healed and happy, this kind of pain didn't go away so easily. The scar couldn't be seen but I was sure it would last longer than any other she had.

But it would make her stronger.

"There you go." Cleo finished signing the small napkin and she swiped it over the table so Ash could grab it, since she was sitting right next to Zayn and opposite from us.

Cleo actually leaned against me and reached out her arm to rest it behind my chair, playing with the curls on the nape of my neck. I instantly shivered and I was sure she noticed because I could see her smile in the corner of my eye.

She was checking me out tonight, I was also aware of that. I knew I looked good... maybe I did want her to stare.

"Cleodora? That's your name'" Ash asked her with wide brown eyes, holding the napkin as if it was the most precious thing to her. "That's so fucking beautiful."

"Thank you." Cleo blushed, grabbing her glass of wine to take a small sip.

"I've heard so many stories about you... your ways of torture. You're actually famous, especially when someone mentions a knife." Ash smiled. "What was the name of that guy you killed in Vegas? I just know it was you because everyone said it was, the one you disemboweled. Like the fucking queen you are. We need more women in this business, men only fuck it up. Their egos get in the way."

I arched my eyebrows at Cleo and she smiled sweetly at me before she looked at Ash again.

"It was me." She said. "He annoyed me, took a little too long to remove his organs."