year 3:Chapter 35

I spent my entire summer with my mom at the ministry, I've been thinking about what career I wanted to go into but I ended my summer with still no decision made.

"You should get to your friend,Ella", my mom stepped into her office where I sat in her chair.

"Sorry,mom? What?", I literally have no idea what she was talking about. I have no friends at the ministry,except Draco who comes in every now and then with Mr. Malfoy.

"Harry Potter? Isn't he your friend?"

"Yeah mom,but why?" I stood up from her chair so she could sit as I walked to the chair on opposite side of her table.

My mom leaned over her table to try and whisper something to me. "I've heard a rumor that your friend turned his aunt into a balloon. Number 4 privet drive. The knight bus would be around of you needed it,perhaps"

I knew what my mom was trying to say and I immediately made my choice to do what she tried to tell me to do.

I put on my jacket since it was a windy night and waltzed My way out of the ministry of magic.

I get on the knight bus and give orders to stop at a nearby playground as to not draw attention. Just as the knight bus comes to a stop,I walk towards the door and it opens...there is Harry,with his messy hair and confused look on his face. "Hi there" is the first words he says to me.

"Welcome to the knight Bus
Emergency transport
for the stranded Witch or Wizard
My name is Stan Shumpike, and
I will be your conductor this evening" Stan Shumpike leaned to me against the door. He was a pimply faced man ,about 19 or 20 I would've guessed. He looked down st Harry for the first time now that he pushed the note he was reading from into his jean pocket.

"What are you doing down there?" Harry was sitting on the pavement with his elbows resting behind him,keeping his back of the grass.

"I fell over"

"What did you fell over for?"

"It didn't do it on purpose"

"Oh, come on then," Stan stood upwards,stepping aside so Harry could come in.

"Let's not wait for the grass to grow..."

Harry stood up but looks at something behind the bus,in the bushes.

"What are you looking at?" Stan peaks over Harry's shoulder. I shrug and sit down on the closest ned.

"Nothing" Harry reaches for his luggage but Stan stops him and assures he'll get it and Harry should het on.

Harry walks onto the bus and looks around. He's probably never used the knight bus before.

He stops in front of me and looks down at me,smiling and staring into my eyes,"hi" "hey" I reply. He had the prettiest green eyes,fulled with love and hope...and mine made me think of ice and coldness.

Stan Shumpike pushed him forward to carry his baggage to a bed. Harry sits down on the bed next to me. I take the daily prophet out of Stan hands as he stands close to me to read the article on the front page.

"take her away, Ern" Stan said as he stood and stared at me since I took the paper out of his hand.

"What did you say your name was again?" Stan stares at Harry,this question makes me look up at him and give him the look. The look that clearly says 'Don't'.

"I didn't" The bed glides across the floor and Harry is unstable,falling back and forth,left and right.

"Well, whereabout are you headed?" Stan questions.

"The Leaky Cauldron" I confirm.

"That's in London." Harry unnecessarily added.

"You hear that, Ern
To the Leaky Cauldron in London"

"Ah, the Leaky Cauldron! You get the pea soup,
make sure you eat it before it eats you!" A small, mummified head spoke.

"And the Muggles?
Can't they see us?"

"MUGGLES? They can't see nothing" I was still reading the article as they spoke.

"Who is that?" Harry points toward the picture next to the article I was still reading,"That Man"

"Who is that?!!!" Stan was shocked thay Harry didn't know him.

"That is SIRIUS BLACK!
Do not tell me that you have not been
hearing of SIRIUS BLACK?!
He is a murderer
Got himself locked up in Azkaban for it!" Stan said softly.

"How did he escape?"

"Well, that is the Question, isn't it!
He is the first one that done it
He was a big supporter of
You Know Who
And you have heard of him?"

"Yeah, him I have heard of" understatement of the century Harry.

°°°°°°°°
I was waiting for Harry in the room he would be staying in. He was talking to the minister about what he did to his aunt.

"Hey" I hear his voice and the door shut. He falls down next to me on the bed and let's all anxiety go in a deep breath he's been holding in.

"You've greeted me,like 5 time already. You know that?" I turn my head to him and giggle a little. Things were a little awkward since he saved me from Tom Riddle in the chamber last year.

He was still my best friend though and I intended to keep it that way.

"Yeah sorry" he apologized as he turns his head to face me.

I lift myself of the bed and swing my legs to the side of the bed.

"Goodnight Harry" I walked towards the door without turning around.

As I shut the door I pressed my ear against it to hear a faint "Goodnight Ella"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
"IM WARNING YOU HERMIONE!!!
Keep that Bloody Beast of yours, Away from Scabers
Or I will turn it into a tea cozy"

"It is a cat
What is do you expect?
It is in his nature"

"A cat, Is that what they told you?
It looks more like a pig with hair, If you ask me"

"That's rich! Coming from the owner of
That Smelly old shoe brush.
It's all right,Crookshanks,
Just ignore the mean little boy"

Hermione and Ron have been fighting the entire morning since they arrived. Hermione stroked Crookshanks who were coddled in her arms.

I was drinking my usual black coffee and Ginny sat across from me. I didn't blame her for what happened last year but now that I knew she had a crush on Harry,it did make me a little more aware of her. She had become quiet and shy since it happened.

"Harry!" Ron exclaimed.