CHAPTER 46

I leave Elizabeth's room after ensuring she's still breathing. I walk down the hall to Ekaterina's room. It's been a week since Ekaterina removed the fire from Elizabeth's body. Since then, I thought my mate would wake up once she had enough blood in her body, but she didn't. The doctors don't know why and neither does Ekaterina. I am going to visit Ekaterina for a different reason right now.

I knock on Ekaterina's hospital door and wait to be told to enter before entering. I am the King, and I don't need to knock, but I thought it would be proper to knock before walking in on my friend and my strongest Alpha doing it. I know it's a hospital, and their chances of doing it are low, but the smell of arousal from the room made me believe it was possible. A shiver ran down my spine, just imagining myself walking in on them.

"My King," Kyler says, opening the door. His hair looks like someone was pulling it a lot, and his clothes look like he just threw them on.

"Hello, Kyler. How are you doing today," I say, walking inside. Ekaterina is lying down on the bed with her hair spread out on the pillow. I was right.

"We're both fine," Kyler says, fixing his hair.

"That's good. Kyler, do you mind giving Ekaterina and me some privacy" I've only told three people in this world about my curse. My brother, Ekaterina, and my lovely mate. I trust Kyler, but I don't trust him enough to discuss such a topic in front of him.

"Of course, my king, I'll be in the lobby," Kyler says, walking toward the door.

"Thank you," I say before he walks out.

"How is Liz doing?" Ekaterina asks as I take a seat on the chair beside her bed.

"The same."

"Hopefully, she will wake up soon."

"I'm hoping. I came to talk to you about Ava."

"I know what you're thinking. How is she alive?"

"Yes, and how will we make her break the curse?"

"I think she never died but made everyone believe she did. How we're going to make her break the curse? I don't know. Ava is a strong-headed woman. It will take much convincing to convince her to break the curse."

"But it's not impossible."

"To me, it is, but you can try."

"I will once Liz wakes up. You'll help me set a meeting with her."

"Sure, but be careful she's one sneaky lady."

"Don't worry, the day we meet., I'll be prepared."

"That's good."

After talking to Ekaterina, I walk back to my mate's room. As I reach the door, I see many people rushing in and out of Elizabeth's room. I run inside to find out if something has happened to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask the doctor once I step inside. Elizabeth has been stable for days now, so what could be wrong? Elizabeth's body was drenched in sweat as she moved in pain. The veins in her neck pop out so well that I fear they might burst any minute.

"She seems to be having a bad dream. She's dying in the dream and out here."

"Do something to wake her up then," I growl at the doctor. I am angry that the doctor knows what's wrong but isn't doing anything to stop Elizabeth from dying.

"I tried my king, but nothing is working."

"Find something that works," I yell at the doctor.

"It's only you that can help her, my king!"

"How," I ask, pulling my brows in confusion.

"You need to enter her mind and wake her up."

"How will I do that? I haven't marked her!" It would've been easier to enter her mind if I'd marked her.

"I know, but what if you go in through another way."

"How?"

"We need your bodies to establish a connection with one another. Why don't you try through her hand? You can bite her hand and see if you can enter her mind through there."

I couldn't mark Elizabeth even if I weren't cursed right now. Marking without mating first could kill.

"Okay, let me try that," I say, grabbing Elizabeth's hand. I'm about to dig my teeth into her skin when the doctor stops me.

"My king, you must clear your mind and think about only her first."

"Okay."

"You may begin," the doctor says, moving away from the bed.

I clear my mind and think about my beautiful mate. I think about the first time I saw her. Her wolf was small but very courageous and fought the rogues around it. With that thought, I entered the mind of my mate.

ELIZABETH

I push on his shoulder to get his mouth away from mine. It doesn't work, so I bite his lips, he removes his mouth from mine, but he doesn't look happy.

"Feisty, I like," Nickolas says with an ugly smirk and spits blood out of his mouth.

I use this opportunity to run, but he grabs my waist and throws me against the bed. He uses his body to prevent me from moving an inch away. He puts his mouth back on me, but not on my mouth this time, but on my neck and shoulder. I open my mouth to scream, but before any words can leave my mouth, he covers my mouth with his hand. I bite his hands, and when his hand leaves my mouth, a slap lands on my face.

"I don't want to hit you, but if you misbehave, I'll have to," Nickolas says, continuing his assault on my body.

I hear him struggling to take off my clothes; I try my best to stop him. He stops trying to take off my clothes and tries to kiss me again, but I move my face away. I close my eyes as I see his hands about to land another slap on my face, but it never comes. Instead, I hear bone cracking. I open my eyes and find Nate beating the life out of Nickolas. Nate came for me; he's here to save me.

"I'm going to kill you for touching my mate," Nate growls as he continues to beat Nickolas.

"Nate, stop beating him. We need to go. Ava will be here soon, and she won't let us leave. Let's hurry, Nate," I say, placing my hand on Nate's arm to bring him back from his killing trance.

"We will leave, but first, I need to kill him," Nate says, ripping Nickolas' head out of his body.

"You killed him, Nate; you killed him," I say, smiling. I tried killing him, but it never worked. If I succeeded, he always came back alive.

"Yes, now we can go," Nate says, grabbing my hand. He walks us toward the door, but someone beats him to it before he can turn the doorknob.

"Not so fast, werewolf king," Ava says, walking inside the room. Nate and I walk back as she enters the room.

"You see what I was saying, Nate, she's here to take my blood. Please don't let her take my blood. It hurts every time!" Tears start to form in my eyes as I remember the pain every time she cuts my body open to drain the blood out of me.

"I won't let her get close to you," Nate says, pushing me behind him. "Make sure to stay behind me."

"It's time to die, Elizabeth," Ava says, smirking, walking forward to grab me, but before she can, Nate grips her. Nate doesn't waste a second once her neck is in his hand and snaps it. He throws her body toward Nickolas' dead body.

"You killed her too, Nate, you killed her too! My suffering can finally come to an end." I say, excited all the pain I've been feeling every day can finally end.

"Yes, it has. Let's go," Nate says, grabbing my hand. This time, Nate and I are able to walk out of the vampire castle. Every time I kill Nickolas and Ava. They never die; it felt like I was in an endless cycle of torture until Nate came. I'm so happy he came for me. Now I can finally go home and be happy together with him.