52

The next morning, Y/N was up early for court, dressed in the new formal outfits her mother had bought her a few days ago; A knee length black dress, paired with a beige blazer and minimal jewellery seemed suitable since there would be a lot of cameras and press.

A car had come over to pick her up from her home and drive her to court, and Mr and Mrs Lee happened to be seated in the car.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Mrs Lee asks excitedly, squeezing Y/N's hand. She didn't have much to say except she was super nervous.

Jungkook's car happened to be right behind hers, and when the two stepped out of their cars in front of the building, the sudden flashing of cameras and reporters came in their way, asking questions.

Seeing Jungkook for the first time today, she raised her hand above the crowd, waving at him before stepping into the building.

Mr and Mrs Jeon walked through the crowd with Jungkook railing right behind them. Dozens of reporters were in his ear, but not one word was understood the entire time. All Jungkook could think about what how Y/N was feeling.

He tightens up his tie and straightens out his blazer before entering the building to find her. That is, until Mr Jeon stops him to speak with him briefly. "No funny business when you see her. We have eyes on us and we don't want anything to happen like last night again." Jungkook looks at his father with all color drained from his face.

Of course, he agrees before fleeing from him two to find her.

Y/N was stood in the hallway, answering a few questions asked by the reporters.

"Are you nervous about today, Ms Lee?"

She nods, "I'd love to say I'm not, but who wouldn't be nervous? But I'm sure my nerves will calm down since I've got such a great team behind me-" she was cut short by Jungkook, who had appeared from behind her. "-And I've got Mr Jeon by my side," she chuckles, pointing at him. She took a minute to eye the outfit he was wearing, a visible smirk on her face. He looked a lot more sharper and smarter than usual, and it was definitely working for her.

His hair was pushed back showing the hidden eyebrow piercing he hid from the public for so long. No longer having his tattoos hidden as well, he definitely looked like a bad boy going to court to be sentenced.

"Thanks for the questions for Miss Lee, but we have to get going to prepare ourselves for the hearing," Jungkook bows respectively to the reporters before leading her to a more secluded area without anyone near.

"You look nice," Jungkook mentions casually, but his heart had a different reaction. It was beating out of his chest at the view of her. "Did you sleep well last night?"

"Thank you Mr Jeon. I slept okay, I was just a bit nervous for today but I'm fine now," she tells him, giving him a smile. "And this probably isn't the right time, but you look hot.. just saying," she raises her hands up in defence, not wanting to be called out on her inappropriateness.

"Miss Lee, are you flirting with your partner in a public place?" Jungkook crosses his arms, poking his tongue on the inside of his cheek.

Y/N couldn't bare to look at the cocky smirk on his face, so she simply turned away from him, holding in her laugh. She glanced at her watch on her wrist, "We have 5 minutes till the hearing starts. Are you ready?"

A smile overtakes his features and he nods to her question. "When am I never not ready? We're going to do well," Jungkook answers kinda cockily, but it sounded confident to him.

"What are you doing after this? Wanna grab food together with my family and yours?"

"I was hoping we could have a one-to-one dinner, just you and me, but I guess my parents would love to have dinner together with Mr and Mrs Jeon," she sulks.

If they win today, then of course her parents would want to celebrate with her, but having dinner together with Jungkook's parents seemed like a much bigger celebration. "I'll let my parents know afterwards. But for now.." she points to the door leading into the court room. "..We should probably get in there."

Jungkook follows closely behind her, flicking his gaze to the curve of her ass and back onto the floor.

God, he really needed to pull himself together for this win.

"We're just going for lunch with them. I can cook dinner for you tonight. Just us," he mumbles to her quickly before they enter the court room.

Once the pair makes it inside, all eyes are glued on them. Jungkook didn't mind since they were always in the spotlight, but suddenly seeing Hoseok chatting away with the defence attorneys made his stomach churn.

Y/N saw Hoseok, but decided to just simply disregard him and move along.

As the pair walked down the aisle, Jimin and Jennie were sat at the front, right behind were she and Jungkook were supposed to be sitting. Her mother was sat beside Mrs Jeon in the third row whilst her father and Mr Jeon were sat in the second row.

They both walked to their seats, setting their documents onto the table and sitting down.

Jennie leaned over the bar separating them, Jimin following closely after as Jungkook and Y/N leaned back to hear them.

"Mr Jung Hoseok over there has been talking to the defence attorneys for the last 10 minutes.." Jimin whispers, his eyes glancing at Hoseok.

"He's such an ass for talking to them right in front of our faces," Jungkook whispers back, rolling his eyes at Hoseok.

On the other hand, Hoseok walks back to his seat, smiling devilishly at the pair with a quiet, 'Good luck' to follow.

At once, the court is finally in session.

wc: 1018