Chapter 68. Revelations ☾

A/N: Hey everyone! how are you all? hope everyone good... Here's a new chapter :)

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"So, you mind telling us what happened at quidditch try-outs, 'Mione?" Harry asked, arm wrapped around Luna's shoulders.

Hermione huffed. "I told you, I don't want to talk about it."

"Well," Draco said, watching the path beneath his feet, "I gave you two weeks to explain to Harry why you let McLaggen beat Weasley. That's all the time you get."

"What are you talking about?" Harry scowled, eyes resolutely facing forward. They walked down toward Hogsmeade for another double date. It was a breezy fall day, and the four hadn't gotten to see as much of each other as they would have liked, especially with Luna's constant studying for OWLs.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Remember those private lessons with Uncle Sev?"

"Yeah," Harry said, brow quirking. "What's this have to do with Hermione?" He blanched. "Did he give you the talk, too?"

"No," Draco paused. "Well, yes, but years ago. Not the point. He taught me legilimency."

"Wait? He taught you legilimency before occlumency?"

Draco sighed. "He taught me occlumency last time around. It takes him an hour to get through my defenses."

"It takes 'Mione all of five seconds."

"Shut up." Draco punched his godbrother's shoulder. "Anyway, I figured I'd try it out on the weak minds first."

"So, you saw a lot of quidditch and make-up?"

"No. Well, yes, but that's not the point. I tried it on Weasley."

"Which one?" Harry's eyes widened. "Wait, there's only one now, isn't there? Dang it, I'm so used to a gaggle of Weasleys. It's hard to imagine just one."

Luna chuckled. "I'm pretty sure that's what Molly said."

Draco huffed. "Do you want to hear what I saw or not?"

"Well, knowing Ron, it was probably more quidditch."

"No. Well, yes, but not in the way you would think."

"Does it have to do with Hermione…did he imagine her naked?"

Hermione's jaw dropped. "Ew, no. He'd be dead if he did."

"If it has anything to do with Krum, I'm leaving."

"Harry," Draco said, rubbing his eyes, "he was planning on ways to throw the game so that you'd fall."

Harry's jaw dropped. "Doesn't he realize that could hurt someone?"

Hermione slapped him upside the head. "No duh, genius. He's trying to kill you."

"Oh," Harry frowned. "Well, to be fair, I did kill his sister."

"Not on purpose."

"But without me…"

"She'd be dead. He'd be dead. The whole wizarding world would be dead."

"Can we talk about something else?" Luna asked, gazing at the grey sky. "All this death is turning the sky sad."

Turning the sky sad, Draco mouthed to Harry.

"I'm sorry, love. No more death talk for today." Harry kissed her hair.

"The Three Broomsticks?" Hermione asked as they walked through the gate.

"Either that or Madame Puddifoots, and I think we all agree that one of Uncle Sev's death eater parties is better than that place." Draco shook his head. "No appreciation for the different colors of black."