Chapter Seventeen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

Weston and I had our lifetimes worth of police stations and courtrooms but justice is why we do it, why we put ourselves through hours of waiting, listening, talking. Just to get justice.

Estella was charged with harassment and we officially had a restraining order against her, she was sent back to America and if she breaks her restraining order, she'll be sent to prison immediately.

To say the last few weeks were exhausting would be an understatement, both Weston and I felt like zombies but the outcome was worth it. Now we could both settle, without looking over our shoulders continuously or worrying that she'll break into my apartment.

The look on Weston's face calmed something inside of me, he believed this was the end which gave me hope he was right.

Weston had postponed a lot of his work, putting important projects and trips on hold. I knew what was coming, weeks on end of working late, working weekends.

Sometimes I wished that he wasn't the boss, so we could spend weekends together like every normal couple. Or our conversations don't have to be cut off because he has to answer his work phone.

I appreciate his hard work, for everything he has achieved. But sometimes I wished I could turn it all off so I could have him to myself on the weekends. Then reality hits and I realise that this is the life I've signed up for, this is everything Weston warned me of before we got together.

When I see him stressed, when he tosses and turns all night because work is spinning round and round his head, when he skips meals to do hours of calls without a break. It fucking destroys me to see him so tired and restless, then he continues on like nothing is wrong.

And now he was off to Berlin for a work trip, two weeks of client meetings and presentations.

Weston refused to go anywhere until Estella was dealt with and I felt grateful, he wanted to protect me, he wanted me to be safe knowing that his ex was still at large. But now she's back in America, it was time for things to go back to normal at work.

Feeling incredibly selfish for not wanting him to go, two weeks felt like an extremely long time. I hadn't been without him for longer than a couple days and yet weeks felt like a lifetime.

I waved him off on Friday night, he told me that I could stay at his apartment but the silence made me feel so lonely. No matter how nice the décor and space felt, without him it felt empty.

So I spent the time back at my flat, Valentina was delighted to have me home because I knew how much she had missed me. We both missed each other and I was excited for a few nights alone, just us two. Depending on how often Theo would be popping round, but even that I didn't mind.

Nine days had passed, if I said I wasn't counting down the days until Weston was home then I'd be an awful liar.

My heart ached just thinking about him, we barely had a chance to talk because he was so busy which I completely understood. It was just hard when you missed someone dearly.

It was a peaceful Saturday afternoon, the TV was blaring a series on Netflix I had started binge watching because I needed something to pass the time in the evenings after work.

Without warning the wall behind the TV starts to thumb and my eyes widen, moans and the bed creaking.

"Oh God," I comment to myself as I clench my eyes shut, moving my hands to cup my ears.