TWENTY SEVEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Light creeps into the room early, I grunt and attempt to shield my eyes

Light creeps into the room early, I grunt and attempt to shield my eyes. The sun doesn't face this direction in my bedroom, what the fuck was happening?

Slowly my eyes peel open, realising that I wasn't in my badly painted yellow room but instead Kassian's. I push myself up from the bed for a moment, looking down to his laying body beside me. Face down on the pillow, breathing silently. His bare back looked delicious to touch but I refrain.

For a moment the curse bubbles up in my stomach, a stinging pain running through my ribs. I wince for a moment and sigh. Mornings were always the worst, it was like the curse resets and I'm back to being a bitch.

But when I look back at Kassian's godly body, it makes it somewhat okay.

I had a place to live, food and my own space. Knowing that my situation could be a lot worse made it easier to be appreciative, even though that was hard as it is.

My head settles back into the pillow, pushing down on the mattress slightly. Kassian grunts and rotates his body towards me, away from the light. His hair was messily placed on top of his head, noticing how his lips were somewhat swollen and plush pink.

He breathes out deeply, moving his arm forward and resting it on my waist. I look down to the soft gesture, even though his touch made my skin crawl, burning deeply. After a few moments the alien feeling went away and I somewhat enjoyed it.

My eyebrows furrow at my own thoughts. Who the fuck was I?

A loud knock interrupts my thoughts and my eyes widen instantly. Kassian doesn't budge as the knocking continues.

"Kassian," I nudge his side to try and wake him.

He grunts, not wanting to be disturbed.

"Kassian," I say louder, this time pinching his skin between my fingers.

His body flinches at my touch, eyes shooting wide to look at me as he frowns and grunts. "What?" He huffs out, realising how tired his eyes actually looked.

"There is someone at the door." I tell him in a hushed tone. "And I should not be here."

Kassian closes his eyes and grunts, throwing the duvet from his body and standing from the bed. I watch carefully as he takes slow strides towards the door, stretching out his back muscles in the process.

He lands his palm onto the handle and rips it open, leaning one arm on the edge of the door. "What is it Mace?" He grumbles out.

"This was dropped off last night," Mace says, watching as Kassian is handed an envelope.

He glances down at it but I couldn't see his face, nor his reaction. "Last night?" Kassian says as he rubs his eyes.

"Yeah," he says. "Sorry for waking you, just thought you should know."