Chapter 23- The Aftermath

My head was spinning like marry go round when I opened my eyes. The ceiling was white and the room was filled with every white light possible.

"She's here". I could hear voices talking in the room at a distance.

"T, I was so worried". Chang cried sitting right beside my bed on a chair.

"I'm okay". I smiled at him.

"No, you're not. Why would you take an elevator?" Ahad said standing right behind Chang.

"Come on, it was an accident". I said to him and sat right up.

The scene I saw in front of my eyes was too good to be true. Suga, RM and Jin sitting on the couch at the opposite side of the bed greeted me.

"You. Oh, I'm fine. You didn't have to come here and treat me as a patient". I said bowing down repeatedly.

"It's fine, we were worried". Suga said standing up from the couch as if he was waiting for me to gain consciousness.

"I'm definitely fine". I said and tried to get out of the bed by removing the blanket.

"Are you sure?" Ahad said looking down at me.

I nodded.

"Come on then". He said and walked towards the door.

"T, come on now we need to try the Korean restaurant today". Chang said to me and got up from the chair to walk towards the door too.

I put my feet down and wore my heels.

I stood up from the bed and bowed to the members standing near the couch now.

"Thank you for taking care of me, I'm such a trouble". I said looking at RM who still looked worried.

I took a step towards the gate and that's when I felt a sudden blackout at the back of my head.

"Are you okay?" I heard that voice again, grabbing me by my left shoulder and placing the other hand on my waist immediately to stop me from falling back and bleeding to death.

"Ah, I'm okay". I looked at him with endearing eyes.

I think, it was written in my stars today to be saved by a prince.

"Sure?" RM said still holding me like a possession.

I stood straight up.

"Tara, are you okay? Do you need more rest". Ahad asked after watching the scene quietly from the door.

"Yes..No. I'm fine". I said as RM took steps away from me.

I bowed and followed Ahad through the door.

We walked through the Hybe building and I realised I was not in a hospital but just in a random room of this big ass building.

"T, you scare us". Chang said to me.

"Chang, go and get the papers from the staff, you haven't got them yet. You were too busy to take care of Tara". Ahad said to him.

"But I-". Chang tried to get away.

"Go". Ahad turned back and said to him.

He went in a minute.

We walked through the front gate. I was walking at a slow pace right behind Ahad.

He turned back and I bumped into him not noticing that he has stopped walking.

"Tara, don't fall in love". He said when I took a few steps back from him.

"Ahad". I said softly.

"Just don't". He said again looking in my eyes.

"Ahad? I won't". I said looking up to him.

"You won't". He repeated.

"You can't". He added.

"I know". I said trying to hold back tears, I never knew I had.

"This isn't going to work". He said trying to avoid looking at the tears building up in my eyes.

"I don't know why are we having this conversation when I clearly have no feelings whatsoever for anyone". I said looking at the cars in the parking lot visible from the frontyard of the building.

"T, let's go". I heard Chang's voice from behind me.

I took my hand and whipped the mere existence of tears in my eyes.

"Let's go baby". I said to him and went towards the car parked right outside the building. Ahad followed right after.

--

"Are you sure?" I asked Chang standing outside the Rice Cake restaurant.

"Yes, very sure, T". He said and held my hand to drag me inside.

"What's it called once again?" I asked him taking a seat in the restaurant at the very end of the hall.

The restaurant looked very traditional. Wooden furniture all over and local people enjoying company and drinking like it's their last day on earth.

"Tteok-bokki". Chang said excited.

I didn't really wanted to go out and have some spicy dish in Korea today but I couldn't just break Chang's heart. He has been waiting for the last 3 days for me to try his favourite Korean dish.

I finally decided to go out with him and tried to shut him up for the rest of the trip.

The waiter brought the order very quickly and also gave me the spoon and fork automatically. I think, I definitely looked like a foreigner here.

"Eat, T". Chang said looking at me as if he has made this dish and his life depended upon the review that I give.

"Okay, relax". I said and took a bite with the fork placed on my side of the table.

As soon as I took the bite, the spiciness hit me right. I loved spicy food, I think every Indian does.

"Chang, I love it". I said smiling wide but not as wide as the puppy sitting right opposite me.