Chapter 49

A/N: Guys please listen to the song 'hold on' by Chord Paul Overstreet when you are reading the last part of this chapter :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Bella opened her eyes slowly. Her head was pounding hard. She tried to move her hands but she was unable to move her arms or legs. Her senses came back to her as she remembered what had happened and she panicked instantly. With increasing fear she found herself tied up to a chair that was in not a big warehouse that didn't have any windows. Big fans were moving lazily on the roof cutting rays of sun that had fallen on her face from moment to moment.

She tried to free herself, but the ties were so tight and her body was still too weak. "I see you are awake." she shivered in disgust at hearing Volkov's cheery voice and a second later he was standing in front of her with a cup in his hands. He had taken off his coat and had rolled his sleeves to his elbows. He sat on one knee in front of her and held the cup next to her lips. "Drink, You must be thirsty."

Bella looked at the water. Her dehydrated body screamed for her to drink it but she couldn't trust the man in front of her a bit. She turned her head to a side and refused his offer.

"It's only water, Bella. Don't be stubborn. You need this." he said and then took a sip himself. "See? I drank myself. It's not poisonous." he said and smirked deviously as he caressed Bella's thigh. "I won't kill a beauty like you so soon. Not before I consume you completely."

Bella's face scrunched in disgust and she spat in Volkov's face. He closed his eyes and stood up. He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his face. "Bella, Bella, Bella." he said and shook his head. "I want to be kind to you. To spare you, your sister, and mother and make you my queen. But you are only making everything harder for yourself with this attitude of yours."

"You won't be able to do anything." she spat angrily with a raspy voice and coughed hard because of her dry throat.

Suddenly the door of the warehouse opened and Andy walked in, holding a gun. "King is here." he informed Volkov and Bella's heart skipped a beat. She looked up and looked at Andy worriedly. "He has come alone. Our men had confirmed it. No one has moved from their base or Gray Wolves' since you made the call. And no one followed him on the road to here."

"Good. Bring him here." said Volkov as he walked behind Bella and opened her ties. She tried to wiggle out of his hold but he grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her to his chest with an arm around her mid-body, caging her effectively. "Stay put, love. It's going to be over soon."

Just then the door opened and Mason walked in with Andy aiming a gun at him. Bella's eyes caught his gray-blue ones and she struggled in Volkov's arms weakly, trying to go to him. "Mason, No!" She tried to shout for him to leave but her voice came out as a faint screech. The minor movement drained her body completely.

"Bella!" shouted Mason worriedly and then glared at Volkov with a look that could kill trying to walk to him but Andy grabbed him from behind and pressed his gun to his back. "What the fuck have you done to her?"

"Behave King." snapped Volkov and walked with Bella toward a table in a corner. He grabbed a semi-long blade from the table. "A craft man from Japan has made this for me." he said as he looked at the blade admiringly. He then moved the blade and with the speed of lightning and brought it down from next to a sack that was hanging from the roof. The big sack's bottom fell on the ground with a thud in front of Bella who was watching with wide eyes. "Its blade is so sharp that can cut the calf of a big pig with one swift motion." said Volkov and put the blade at Bella's neck. The light pressing of the blade caused blood to run on the blade a bit.