T E N

// DEATH'S MESSENGER \\

Seraphina dropped her bag by the Cullen's table and sank into her normal seat by Jasper. The only thing she did differently today, was she literally hugged Jasper like a koala would a tree. Her legs were wrapped around his waist, as were her arms, and she buried her head into his chest.

Her hair was in a messy bun, she wore a plain t-shirt with a necklace she had received from Jacob one year, black leggins and some brown ankle boots.

Jasper was confused at the sudden contact, but he wrapped an arm around her and glanced at her in wonder. Everyday she managed to surprise him. Everyday she did something, showed him a piece of herself, that drew him in more.

Jasper and Seraphina had gotten closer the previous night, when Jasper drove her home after the school trip. Seraphina invited him indoors and the pair laughed, watched TV, talked about their favourite memories and anything else that excited them or sparked a conversation.

Seraphina had realised when she awoke, without Jasper there - like he had been the night before - she was growing to like him as more than a friend.

This was why she clung to him like a koala. She was dealing with the process of actually being able to like someone in a romantic way, as she had once before. And Jasper's presence always had an effect on her. Whether it be a calming one or just the feeling of comfort. He always smelt like pine and cologne, and she was liking the smell more everytime she smelt it.

"You okay, ma'am?" Jasper asked, and Seraphina nodded, letting out a small yawn. The yawn was soft and all the Cullens at the table felt like saying 'awe'. Rosalie smiled fondly at Jasper and Seraphina, liking the look of the two being together. 

"Oh my god. You should totally come over tonight!" Alice beamed, and Seraphina slightly picked up her head. She glanced at the others, all of them sending encouraging glances, but she frowned. An unsettling feeling lowered itself into her stomach.

"I-"

"Come on, little witch!" Emmett grinned, nudging Seraphina's back slightly. She cracked a small smile, but it was gone as quick as it came.

"Come on, love. Just for an hour or so?"

"Could i stay the night?" The Cullens - bar Edward (who had left to go see Bella at the salad bar) - instantly smiled and nodded.

"Obviously you can." Rosalie smiled softly at the girl, who smiled back.

"Okay." Seraphina shrugged. She became excited for the night she began to plan in her mind. Movies, snacks...the lot.

~

The Cullens and Seraphina left the school along with the other students.

"I'll need to get some stuff-"