Encounter With Ameri

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Much to my dismay, I'm currently riding in the overly ostentatious carriage that grandpa bought. This thing's a total attention grabber, the exact opposite of what I want right now. All I want to do is blend in and stay safe here in the Netherworld, but it seems like that might not be possible. Everything that I do ends up drawing attention, and the same goes for Rimuru. She's even worse than me when it comes to that, and any attention she grabs ends up affecting me too! She doesn't seem to be bothered by this ridiculous carriage like I am either. Heck, I think she's even enjoying it! Sitting next to me and across from Opera, she's leaning back with her eyes closed and her hands behind her head, smiling slightly.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself," I say to her in a snarky tone.

"I definitely am! This is way better than walking!" she says cheerfully with a big grin.

"So that's why you're so happy...you're pretty lazy, aren't you? Walking to school isn't that big of a deal."

"I'm not lazy! I just think walking is a waste of time and energy! Before I came here, I hadn't done that much walking in years! I have better ways of traveling long distances that I'm not supposed to use here, so it's hard to revert to an inferior method like walking."

"So I'm right; you are lazy," I say bluntly.

Rimuru just pouts a little and folds her arms in response to my last comment, now looking out the carriage's window. With how she looks right now, it's hard to believe she's an extremely powerful Demon Lord. Opera looks uncomfortable now, stirring in his seat a little. This is most likely because I've upset Rimuru, and he has been terrified of her since day one. I understand she's crazy powerful and can be a bit scary sometimes, but she's not a bad person. I don't understand why Opera hasn't let his guard down more around her yet. Rimuru obviously doesn't mean us any harm, agreeing to protect me and all. Grandpa seems to trust her so I do too.

Now sitting in awkward silence, I look down at the mysterious ring now stuck on my right, middle finger. I find it pretty disturbing that I have to wear this thing for life, not to mention that creepy black smoke monster that came out of it yesterday. Sullivan says it shouldn't come out unless it gets extremely hungry again and if it does, either Rimuru or he himself can feed it without experiencing side effects like Azz and Sabnock did. Since Rimuru is nearby most of the time this shouldn't be a problem, but the idea of that thing rampaging again still scares me. Noticing my change in demeanor, Rimuru looks over at me with a sympathetic look, no sign of the childish pouting from a moment ago.

"You're still worried about that smoke thing from yesterday, aren't you?" she asks me as if she just read my mind.

"Yeah, that was really scary yesterday; and other people got hurt too! I don't want that to happen ever again!"

"That 'thing' won't manifest again without the ring expending most of its stores of magic. All it takes is a simple glance for me to tell how close to empty your ring is, so I'll take care of monitoring it. You have no reason to worry about it yourself." Rimuru reassures me.