41.

"You are here early," Mrs. Jeon greeted her the moment she closed the door. The woman let out a small good morning before heading towards his bed, where the man is still sleeping. She wasn't sure if he was sleeping or he was unconscious, but his breathing was calm. "How's your sleep?"

"I barely had one now," she said truthfully before taking a seat beside her and the woman nodded. "I should go and look for Wonwoo, he must be busy handling our family who came here. Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, thank you for the offer," she said and Mrs. Jeon nodded before leaving her alone in the ward. As soon as she was gone, Haewon slowly took his hands in hers, gripped it softly before letting a small smile on her pale lips. "And how are you, Jungkook? We couldn't talk to each other for few days, I was letting everyone who is important to you seeing you first before me. Do you miss me?"

There was no response, but Haewon continued as if he was listening everything. "The shop is done, all is left is waiting my father to be discharge and I could finally open it. We decided to let the kids at the orphanage you went before came to the opening later, and guess who was the most excited? It's Jaeun. She kept asking Jimin when will I come, though we only met once. That young bundle of joy reminds me of you sometimes. She has bright eyes just like yours"

Taking a deep breath, she listed what she have done since she couldn't meet Jungkook for the past days. "Your cousin Wonwoo come to see the shop, and then Seokjin babbled at him for ruining the suprise. Jimin told me about your life before, which it's quite the same as who you are now, Taehyung and Chaeyoung is going on dates here and there. I swear she is getting broke trying to bought those new makeup set from every branded shops. Despite you weren't there, everyone looked fine. But i still wished you to see it. Dr. Min told me to be ready for anything, exactly what should I be ready for?"

"The fear of losing you, or the fear of losing myself once I lose you?," She said softly, before wiping away a tear from her cheek. "There's a lot of going to change, Jimin said. And changes aren't all good. But I need to accept it, just like how you accepted it now. Will it hurt me the moment you left, Jungkook, or will I eventually let you go? Whatever happens in the future, I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry much about what is going to happen for me, and wait for me when the times come. Till the day I am finally able to have you forever, please be happy wherever you are"

"You finally letting me go," a voice was heard, and she looked up to see Jungkook weak eyes staring at her. The ventilator mask was making it hard for him to speak but she could hear him crystal clear. "You are awake," she said and tears again pooled in her eyes. "I missed you," he said and ushered for her to come close. Haewon did what he exactly asked her too, making sure she could hear him enough as his time is ticking away. The sun shone into the ward, the brown orbs of his illuminating the  sunrays, and even when he's dying he still looked ethereal.

"I,I have a lot to say Haewon. But, but I couldn't," he said, trying to strain the words he wanted to utter to her but she shooked. "You don't have to if it's hard. Just let me look at you for the last time, Jungkook"

He nodded, as his thumb pad brushed the back of her hand gently with her eyes never left him. "You look beautiful Haewon, you always are"

"Am I?," Her voice croaked, but she hold back the sobs threatening to leave her lips. Not now, Haewon. Please, not now. "I'm glad I've met you in the last moment in my life, love. Four months feels like years, never a single day I went through I was regretting it"

"My salary must have been multiplied by those four months," she joked but it was only for the sake of her not breaking down in front of him. She promised herself, promised him that she wouldn't let him see her tears at his last breath. The man smiled as he continued, "Can I kiss you, Haewon?"

"You still ask, you don't have to," she answered before slowly pulling down the ventilator mask from him, leaning down as her soft cushion lips pressed against his rough ones, as they closed their eyes with Haewon battling her emotions from pouring out. Her lips stayed there for a while, as their hands interwined together with a tear slip away from Jungkook eyes as the impact of her lips bought him to the uncountable memories they had made since the day she was signed up to him. It was sorrowful, happiness, solemn, relief all mixed in one.

When she pulled away, their eyes met again and she wiped away the tears on his cheek, leaving her hand there for a while before putting back the ventilator mask to him. It was hard enough to see him like this, but she was doing a great job in holding back everything.

Once they kept a distance between them, Haewon grabbed his hand, looking at him who was already smiling so painfully which almost broke the facade Haewon tried to hold the moment she saw him.

"I will miss you, very much, love," he said as she nodded, trying to get a grasp on his fingers which are slowly loosing away.

"Live your life the way you wanted to, Haewon. I won't be there to moment you open your store, but don't forget me"

"Never, Jungkook. Never. Stop talking, you are tired," she said as the man noddee as his eyes blinked, tears trailed his cheeks that were no longer puffy the first time she met him. It shows bones, as if he didn't ate for a while and Haewon couldn't stop pitying him even when he doesn't want to.

"Can I sleep now, love?," He asked and she bit her lip as her grasp on him tightened. A question the both of them knew well what will happen the moment he closed his eyes. There will be no more good night, and I hope I'll see you again tomorrow between them. It will be the last greeting he wil ever said to her, and the last thing she might hear from him forever.

"Yes, you can. Don't forget to dream of me"

He nodded weakly and smiled, eyes partly closed as he looked at her one last time. "Tell everyone, I love them. And I love you, Haewon"

"I love you too, Jungkook. I  always love you," she said , chocking as his grip on her was slowly loosing but Jungkook was still holding her. The latter eyes were getting blurry, but the smile on his lips never wavered as her face was still greeting his poor vision.

"Good night my love, and I hope I'll see you again"

A vow to meet again, even when there was no more future for them.

"Good night, Jungkook,"

Was what he last heard before everything went black, a tear slip away again from his cheek as his hand slipped away from her grip. The ventilator machine let out a defeaning flatline voice, as Jungkook breathing slowly stopped.

The door behind her was pushed opened, though she didn't know who but it was clear from the rough voice of Taehyung, calling his friend name softly as the woman sobbed beside his bed, the tears she held back was now flowing without stopping even for a while as she could hear others came in the room too, but didn't get close to Haewon who was shaking beside his bed, Jungkook lifeless hand was in hers as she cried her life for him.

He had left them, and all they saw was a woman who was wailing beside his lover who had left her forever.

A broken man with a loveless woman, who finally understood the meaning of love, but he had already left her.

Forever.