| forty three |

Chapter.43

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Chubbs, Aubrey, Charlotte, and Kendall all stood together in a circle at Virgil Alboh's memorial. Virgil was almost everyone's friends in the industry, a true creative. From music to fashion he was a visionary. He lost his life after battling cancer privately for two years.

"I still can't believe it," Chubbs mumbled as he shook his head. His gaze locked onto his black dress shoes. "God takes too good of people."

Similar to Chubbs, Charlotte was also in a state of disbelief and grief. "A sweet soul, a close friend, a father," Kendall wiped her wet cheeks.

Charlotte was shocked out of her daze by Aubrey's movement. She looked up and seen that Aubrey had walked into a room that people had already walked out of. "I'll be back," she rubbed Kendall's arm and went after her boyfriend.

Aubrey stood in a grand room by himself, works of Virgil covered the walls. Aubrey's album cover, "Certified Lover Boy', was on the wall, considering that Virgil was a creative director of the album.

Aubrey stood in front of the album cover and just stared at it. His hands were in his pockets, and his face started to tremble with emotion. Charlotte stepped in front of him as he started to shake his head. "Life's not fair."

Tears escaped from his eyes. Charlotte cupped Aubrey's cheeks and wiped the tears away with her delicate thumbs. Aubrey's eyes dropped from the album cover to Charlotte's rich brown eyes.
She tried to give him a small smile, unable to speak herself with breaking down.

He leaned down and pressed their foreheads together. They stayed like that for several minutes, in each other's embrace.

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte and Aubrey were cuddled up on the living room couch as the sun started to go down. Their legs were tangled together, Aubrey's thigh wedged in between Charlotte's. Her back pressed up against Aubrey's chest as his arm pulled her waist into his.

They did separate things, Charlotte scrolled through her phone and Aubrey watched television. He rubbed circles onto Char's bare stomach with his thumb.

He started to place soft kisses in the crook of Charlotte's neck, each kiss a more sensitive spot. She closed her eyes to enjoy the moment, but instantly opened them when she realized what she was reading before.

Aubrey noticed her tense up so he whispered against her skin, "Put your phone down, baby." Charlotte's voice was sharp, "You see this?"

Aubrey almost groaned, not wanting to lose this moment and what it would turn into. "See what?" He asked.

Charlotte lifted her phone over her shoulder so Aubrey could read the article.

'Tristan Thompson's Alleged Third Baby Mother claims that 'Kylie and Drake slept together in 2019.'

"You slept with my sister?" Charlotte looked over her shoulder. Aubrey acted speechless and tried to deflect the question, "Huh?"

Charlotte expected a hard "no", so when she didn't get one she tried to get away from Aubrey. His grip on her tightened, "I was kidding GG'. No, I haven't slept with Kylie. I have morals you know?"