Spill the Beans

"Do you want a drink?" Alex asked as he loosened his tie.

"Yes please," I nodded and slipped of my uncomfortable heels.

I sat down on his couch feeling a little awkward and out of place. This place held so many memories. An emotional rollercoaster basically. I was curious to hear what Alex had to tell me tonight. It almost felt like I was waiting for that cheesy moment in a movie where it would all come together for the characters.

I looked over at Alex who was in the kitchen pouring two glasses of wine. His dark hair tousled and his crisp white shirt unbuttoned loosely at the top. Even now, I still couldn't get over how effortlessly good he always seemed to look.

Alex handed me a glass of red and sat down across from me. "Ready?" He asked casually and then taking a drink.

"Let's hear it." I crossed my legs and leaned back into the couch.

"My father threatened me with the business as you know. Since it is still his company, he told me that I either marry Ainsley to avoid scandal and tarnish to our name or he would give everything to Grayson and take back everything that I had made within the business. And when you told me that Thomas Heart wanted to talk to me, I hired a private investigator after our chat. I was suspicious about Ainsley saying I had a kid from the start so we went and had a test done and the results came out that I was that father."

My heart stopped as I heard him say those words. "So you really are his father huh?" I blurt out suddenly.

Alex gave me an amused look. "But, I later found out Ainsley paid off the doctor and faked the results of the test. I'm not Kai's father Ana."

I internally sighed and immediately felt relieved. "She took that really far."

Alex nodded. "Yeah it's crazy. I had never known this devious and dark side of her. She has changed."

"The world tends to harden and change people," I said trying to be sympathetic.

Alex looked at me with a small smile "You changed me."

"And you changed me Alex."

"In a good way or bad way?"

"Both," I answered honestly.

"I'm sorry for the bad," Alex frowned.

"I know, but I wouldn't have traded that for anything."

"Really?"

"Really," A small grin played on my lips. "Anyways off topic, is there more to the story?"

He nodded. "I thought it was odd that my mother was the one pushing me to marry Ainsley so quickly without looking into the situation herself. So I did a little research myself." He took a drink and sighed. "My mother was having an affair and Ainsley is basically blackmailing her with pictures."

My eyes grew wide. "How did Ainsley find out?"

"I have no clue but I found the pictures in Ainsley's table side drawer."

"Oh my god, does she know you found them?"

"I confronted her and she tried to save herself by telling me that I deserved to know the truth and blah blah blah."

"Did you talk to your mom about it?"

He shook his head. "I think that would only make her panic more."

"I'm guessing your dad doesn't know?"

"I think he does know because if this got out, it would his "perfect" image of our family and they've both been pushy about the marriage not just my mother. And I'm betting Ainsley has other dirt on them too but I haven't figured that out yet."