Chapter Twenty-Five

A loud beeping woke me up, I recognized it as a pager or a cellphone maybe. Either way, it was really annoying. I groaned and buried my face in the wonderful pillow under my head.

"Ciao?"

(An informal way to say Hello)

When I heard the voice beside me I tried to sit up and roll over at the exact same time and fell right off the bed. I managed a few curse words before I hit the floor hard on my ass.

"Aspetta un momento." I heard the voice above me say.

(hold on a moment)

Seconds later Alessio's head popped over the side of the bed, the phone was still to his ear but he held his hand over the bottom half of the phone. "Are you alright?"

"How, but, I, and, you, we, I mean." I started full on rambling.

His brows knit together with what I recognized as moderate interest in whatever I was going on about. "Mi permetta di chiamare indietro." He directed into his phone. He rolled his eyes after a moment of silence and scoffed. "Fa I cazzi tuoi." He said before ending the call and dropped the phone back onto the bed we had just been sharing.

(Mi permetta di chiamare indietro= Let me call you back.) (Fa i cazzi tuoi = Literally means "do your own dicks" but is used in a 'mind your own business' sort of expression.)

"What are you doing here!" I yelled. "What am I doing here?" Was a much better question. "Where is here?" That was a good one too but what really took the cake was, "And what am I wearing!" It was a silly question. I knew exactly what I was wearing. The familiar feel of the fabric hanging off of my bare skin, the few buttons connected in the middle. I was wearing Alessio's shirt, but the real question was why.

"My house?" Alessio replied and cocked an eyebrow. He stood up from the bed and I grabbed the closest thing to me for protection.

I held a shoe threateningly out in front of me with flushed cheeks. He was in nothing but his boxers and I couldn't help but notice there was more black ink marking up his torso than the last time I had seen him this exposed but I didn't dare give myself the privilege to investigate it thoroughly. "How did I get here?" I demanded.

"My driver." He replied simply and plucked the shoe out of my hand. He wiped the tip of the shoe off on his boxers. "You're going to scuff it up." He muttered and then examined the shoe carefully for imperfections.

"Why? What? How? When did-"

He dropped his shoes and grabbed my wrists he yanked me up to my feet in one swift motion my body was pressed against his. "What's wrong with you? Calm down."

"Calm down?" I yelled and tried to pull away from him but he snaked a hand around my waist. "Oh!" I gasped when he pulled me into him.

"You're not going to cry again are you?"

"Again?" I breathed.

"You don't remember?"

"Obviously not!"

He let go of me suddenly and I stumbled backwards. My head was throbbing from a combination of a nasty hang over and an abnormal amount of stress pressing down on my left temple.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I-I don't know." I stammered and looked away before I had the chance to look him all over. I had been waiting for two years for Alessio to come find me but I certainly hadn't expected it to come up like this. You know, waking up in his bed.