27: Hong JiaYi never changed and would never

Edited by Relendria

Han Ge Ming, on the other hand, had brown hair and eyes, soft rosy cheeks, and soft pink lips. His was an innocent yet spiteful beauty. Ge Ming was beautiful but unattainable. He was far too loyal to his deceased husband and refused to remarry.

Ge Ming saw Jia Yi's curiosity about what the others were gossiping about and he smiled slightly.

"Apparently the she-man of the village doctor ran off," he shared, his smile growing.

"Ran off?"

"Yes. It was the last night. Today was supposed to be his wedding night but he's gone. Everyone is speculating that he ran away because he didn't want to marry the chief's son. After all, even you know his reputation," Ge Ming explained.

"I see... Well, I hope he is happy," Jia Yi said sincerely.

The chief's second son was a pervert; a bully and a rapist. There wasn't a single good thing about him, so people naturally didn't like him and no one wanted to marry him. Hong Jia Yi would rather stay single and die lonely than be with that guy. One of the reasons why he was disliked and was deemed too manly was because of the bastard.

Jia Yi was once harassed by the man. He tried to force himself on Jia Yi but Jia Yi simply punched him in the face and then grabbed a stick, hitting him and opening a cut on his head. That was when Jia Yi was seventeen. The village chief had fined Jia Yi a large sum of money. Unable to defend himself against their lies, Jia Yi could only bear the insults and was deemed too fierce. Naturally, other men feared him and his chances of marrying became thin.

Hong Jia Yi didn't change then and he never would! He wouldn't allow himself jump into bed before marriage, nor would he allow himself to be raped just to seem dainty and she-man enough. This topic was upsetting him as he remembered the past.

"Yes, I hope he is happy too. And, honestly speaking, I hope he never comes back," Ge Ming admitted.

Jia Yi didn't notice anything strange about Ge Ming's words.

"By the way, how is that husband of yours?" he asked curiously.

"He is fine."

"I heard he is quite handsome; that he's even handsomer than Fa Enlai," Ge Ming noted.

Xin Yi came while Jia Yi was still trying to figure out how to answer that.

"I have to go. Goodbye," Jia Yi said quickly, relieved to be spared from trying to defend his husband's masculinity after being compared to Fa Enlai.

"Aiya, goodbye then. Have a good day!"

"You as well."

The two left him and on their way they talked.

"Hong Jia Yi, you shouldn't mix with that she-man, He's a snake," Xin Yi said firmly.

"It's not good to gossip about others," Jia Yi replied gently.

"Of course, but my instincts are always tingling when I'm around him. Unlike Fa Enlai, he seems to cause trouble on purpose," Xin Yi warned.

Jia Yi wasn't the type to think too much or to manipulate others. He was very straight-forward with his approach and didn't beat around the bushes so it wouldn't occur to him that Ge Ming might be that sort.

The reason why Xin Yi didn't want Fa Enlai around Meng Yao because the men in this town were dogs so he suspected Meng Yao would be the same.

One of Jia Yi's suitors dumped him just to chase after Fa Enlai. Xin Yi didn't hate Fa Enlai, after all it wasn't his fault he was born beautiful, but he felt it best not to let Fa Enlai hang around. Jia Yi didn't care if Fa Enlai stole away his betrothed because honestly, it's not worth it. Hong Jia Yi wouldn't isolate someone because of the shallowness of his fiancee.

Soon they reached home to see that a box-like structure had been constructed over the hole that had been dug into the ground.

"A toilet?" Hong Jia Yi asked.

"Hmm, how did you know?" Meng Yao asked, smiling.

"Only nobles built such a thing. It first came about around the time... hmmm... Ah?!? Oh, yes! Around the time of Minister Liang?!" Wen Shan reminisced.

"Really?"

"Yes. Minister Liang was very favored by the emperor of Qing but his fate was unfortunate and he left us early," Wen Shan said.

Liang Meng Yao would like to thank this Minister Liang for paving the way so he didn't become a weirdo but now he was considered a noble for 'building a pit toilet? That was actually pretty funny.