End of Year 4 (chapter 22)

Author's note:
Everything is revealed!

Y/M/N means your mother's name.
———————————————

Word count: 2.5k
Warning: Blood, death and torture (Cruciatus)

Today is the third and final task. Today, a winner will be found among the four champions. Severus wonders who will win.

It won't even surprise him if it will be Potter. Albus might give him extra points for the boy's bravery...

Everybody is once again gathered at the Quidditch Stadium. It looks quite different this time - there's a big maze in the middle of the pitch. The Potions Master wonders what the champions will have to do this time.

He wishes the obnoxious music would stop soon...

The Headmaster gains everybody's attention. "Silence!" he shouts as the students stop playing the music.

Severus sighs in relief. Thank you, Albus.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Ms. Delacour" Albus declares.

"First person to touch the cup will be the winner" he announces as everybody starts to cheer.

"I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks from their wand" the Headmaster explains as he turns around.

"Contestants, gather around" he tells the four champions.

"Quickly" he demands. The four of them immediately do so.

He then explains something to them that everybody else can't hear. Probably what kind of dangers will await them.

Once he has finished telling them what he needs to say, he once again talks loudly for everyone to hear. "Champions, prepare yourselves" he states.

As the champions prepare, people cheer for them. Diggory's father can be seen hugging him, wishing his son good luck.

Severus rolls his eyes. Calm down, he isn't going to die in there.

"On the count of three. One-" the Headmaster says as he counts down.

He however only gets to one before the sound of the canon can be heard. Albus sighs as he looks at Argus who merely shrugs.

Potter and Diggory enter the maze. Not long after, Krum and Delacour join them.

Severus frowns. "We are really just going to look at the maze until they return, aren't we?" he questions as he looks at Albus who is sitting between him and Minerva.

The old man's eyes sparkle. "Yes, Severus. Sit back and relax" the Headmaster says.

The Head of Slytherin sighs. The Black Lake had a prettier view...

As people are waiting, Severus gets a bad feeling. Almost like something terrible is going to happen...

A few seconds later, red sparks can be seen in the sky. Delacour and Krum are then taken out of the maze.

"Ms. Delacour and Mr. Krum have been withdrawn from the task" the Headmaster declares. Severus sighs in relief. It doesn't seem like anything too bad happened.

It has been a while, however. Where are Potter and Diggory?

Just then, the two of them appear outside the maze with the Triwizard Cup, Diggory landing on his back and Potter on his stomach.