Chapter-43

(It has been over 30 minutes since Riya's treatment started, and Manik's worried as hell for her

(It has been over 30 minutes since Riya's treatment started, and Manik's worried as hell for her. Cabir, too, is there with him and is concerned about seeing Manik's current state. As Manik is pacing around the corridor for the last half an hour, Cabir goes to him to make him understand.)

Cabir- Bhai, please relax. Kuch nahi hoga Bhabhi ko. Theek ho jayengi vo.

[Cabir- Bro, please relax. She will be fine.]

Manik (stressed)- Cabir, please! Jab tak doctors aake ye confirm nahi kar dete ki vo theek hai I cannot relax.

[Manik (stressed)- Cabir, please! Until the doctors come and confirm that she is fine, I cannot relax.]

Cabir- Bhai hum sahi time pe le aaye the naa unn ko hospital. Kuch nahi hoga. Aap at least itna stress to mat lo.

[Cabir- Bro, we brought her to the hospital at the right time. Nothing will happen to her. Don't stress so much, at least.]

Manik- Just be quiet, Cabir. Please.

(Cabir sighs, and suddenly something strikes his mind and he looks shocked.)

Cabir- Oh shit.

Manik- I told you to be quiet, Cabir.

Cabir- Bro, Mukti.

(Manik takes a sigh and thinks something.)

Manik- Uss ko call kar ke dekh le. Agar college mein hi hai vo to ask her to go home. Usse ghar jaake baat karta hoon main.

[Manik- Call her and see. If she is in college, then ask her to go home. I will talk to her at home.]

(Cabir nods his head in a yes and leaves from there. Manik then again looks at the OT- his eyes full of fear and worry. He then sits on the bench in the corridor and keeps looking at the OT, tapping his foot on the floor continuously, depicting his stress and concern for her.)

Manik (slowly)- No, no, no. Kuch nahi hoga Riya ko. She will be absolutely fine. She won't leave me alone. Yes. I know. Mujhe ye sab sochna hi nahi chahiye. Kuch nahi hone wala hai Riya ko. Vo bilkul theek hai.

[Manik (slowly)- No, no, no. Nothing will happen to Riya. She will be absolutely fine. She won't leave me alone. Yes. I know. I shouldn't think about all this. Nothing is going to happen to her. She is absolutely fine.]

(He closes his eyes as voices from the past echo in his mind and scare him more. He takes deep breaths to control himself and further consoles himself.)