10 | isaac

do you let all your friends kiss you like this?

[ 2.02 ]

Lydia walked in between Allison and Willow as the three girls approached the doors to the school. It was the girl's first day back at school since disappearing in the woods for two days. It was also, coincidentally, a full moon.

Scott and Derek both had given Willow a mile-long list of signs to watch out for when around Lydia. If she showed even a hint of aggression or inability to control herself, they wanted Willow to run fast and far while calling one of them for help. But so far, Lydia seemed herself.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked her.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days," Lydia stated, shrugging. "But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

Willow smiled, glad that Lydia could find a positive way to spin it.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked, nodding to the doors.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer," she said bluntly.

Allison and Willow watched her strut into the school with her head held high. Willow shot a sympathetic smile at Allison, apologizing for Lydia's lack of tact. Then they followed after the strawberry blonde.

As soon as Lydia stepped foot in the building, everything stopped. Literally. All movement ceased as everyone stopped and turned to look at her with wide, curious eyes. It was like Lydia was some exotic circus animal being heavily scrutinized.

Willow felt a shy pinky wrap around her own. Lydia may not have said it aloud, but she was relieved to at least have Willow and Allison at her side.

Allison leaned over to whisper to her. "Maybe it's the nine pounds."

Lydia took another moment to collect herself before nodding. She plastered a smirk on her face before fully grabbing Willow's hand and pulling her through the hall as she strutted past the watchful eyes.

Then Allison, both wanting to distract Lydia and stir some drama, looked at Willow with a smirk, who didn't spot the look. "Oh, Lydia? Do you notice anything different about Willow's outfit?"

In an instant, Lydia's eyes were on her best friend. She took note of how Willow suddenly found the ground very interesting, but she paid it no mind and instead looked over the outfit.

Willow wore a soft, blue sweater vest with a white turtleneck under it. It was complete with her favorite white pleated skirt, a blue headband, and spotless white sneakers. There was minimal makeup aside from some light blush and her strawberry-scented lipgloss.

"She looks like she always looks," Lydia claimed, now looking at Allison. "Which is adorable."

"Thanks," Willow said, smiling as she rocked back and forth on her feet.