Chapter 38

"Shut up, Malfoy" Harry stepped closer to him.

Malfoy starts to look fearful as he looked into the sky.

"Dementor, Dementor!" He screamed making Harry and everyone else turn around.

I turn around to see Malfoy put on his hood with his goons and make fun of Harry. I wak up to Harry and push him away and mockingly laugh at Draco.

As soon as I turn around I see a horse...no...bird...no. Wait.

"Isn't he beautiful" Hagrid showed it off,"Say hallo to Buckbeak"

"Hagrid!" I said loudly. I was amazed.

"Exactly, What it that?" Ron was a little scared I could tell.

"That Ron, it is a-" "Hippogriff" I interrupt Hagrid, finishing his sentence.

"First thing that they must know about Hippogriffs
That they are very proud creatures
Very easily offended
You do not want to insult a Hippogriff" I walked slowly towards it,making me stand more closer to Buckbeak than the rest of the class.

"It may be the last thing you ever do" I stopped in my tracks as Hagrid said this.

"Hagrid,can I?" I asked. It was so beautiful and intriguing...I had to try.

"Of course! Now, who likes to join Ella and come and say Hello?"

I look back to see the entire class take one stepp back,making it look like Harry took a step forward.

"Well Done Harry! Well Done.
Come On. Now,
You have to let him make the first move
Its only polite" I step even more closer and Harry followed. I was now a few feet away and instinctively I bowed my head.

"Step up Harry , Give a nice bow too. Then you wait See If see he bows back" Harry copied my action next to me.

"If it does it,
You can go and touch it
If not...
Well, We will get that later"

As Harry lowered his body more, Buckbeak moved towards Harry while flapping his wings.

"Back Off Harry,
Back Off" Harry walks backwards but I hear a stick crack and then dead silence.

"Keep Still,Keep still" He said and obliged.
A few seconds later, Buckbeak bowed his head.

"Well Done Harry,
Well done Ella!" Hagrid clapped and the class followed his lead.

"Here, there you go" Hagrid threw a ferrite to Buckbeak,which he caught and swallowed whole.

"You can go and pat him now
Go on
Do'nt be shy" I walked towards Buckbeak, lifting my hand gradually to pet him.

"Not so fast Harry. Slow down Harry" Harry was next to me and it made me slow down a little bit.

"Now let him come to you" Harry and I stood silently,with our hands lifted,waiting for him to near so that we can pet him.

Buckbeak moved closer to us,until my hand could finally reach him and I could feel his soft,gentle feather beneath mt finger tips. I looked over to see Harry smile as he also stroked Buckbeak.

"I think he will let you ride him now" Hagrid lifted Harry of the ground as I was looking into Buckbeak"s eyes. It was so full of life and I never thought a creature could touch my heart this way.

"What?Hey Hey Hey
Hagrid!" Harry was now lifted on to Buckbeak and Hagrid made his way over to me, lifting me up and sat me down behind Harry.

"Don't pull out any of his feathers
Since he won't excuse you for that" as Hagrid finished,he slapped Buckbeak on the behind making him take of running with me and Harry on him.

Buckbeak flew into the air and I closed my eyes as I grab onto Harry tightly. I feel Harry lean back a little and I open my eyes we were flying over the lake and it looked spectacular. I slowly let go of Harry and he lifted his arms, holding them straight into the air to his sides.

"Whoo,hooo" he yelled,he looked free and happy. I feel all my fears and pain flow through the wind,how every little thing that I have beem overthinking and feeling dissapparate. Even though we weren't using magic,this is the mostly magical anything has been thus far.

Looking over the school and seeing Harry smile made my heart flutter and in this moment everything felt okay.

Buckbeak flew down into the forest, turning in circles over the rest if the class.

I close my eyes and when I opened them we were back on the ground.

"Well done you two!Well done Buckbeak" Hagrid applaud happily.

"How am I doing the first day?" Hagrid whispers to Harry as he helped Harry of them turning to me,helping me down.

When I was down Harry answered him.

"Brilliant, Professor"

I look towards the class and see Draco approaching.

"Malfoy... no" Hagrid turns to Draco.

Hagrid seems to realize he's not going to make it in time to push Malfoy away,"Buckbeak!"

Buckbeak instantly sees Malfoy as a threat as he walks straight up to him.

Buckbeak puts his hoofs into the air and as Malfoy approached further scratched his arm, tearing his long sleeve shirt on the lower arm.

Malfoy falls back,acting as if he's dieing.

"It has killed me,Its killed me!", Draco rolled around on the ground.

"Calm down, Its just ah scratch!" Hagrid tries desperately.

"Hagrid!
He has to be taken to the hospital" Hermione leaps forward so Hagrid could hear her.

"I am the teacher
I will do it" Hagrid lifts Draco into his arms and walks up.

"Oh you are gonna regret this!" Draco has the last word.

"Class dismissed"

"Bloody chicken!" Draco yells some more.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Does it hurt terribly Draco..." Pansy starts with Draco at the Slytherin table.

" It comes and it goes...
I consider myself lucky.
According to Ms. Ponfrey...
I could have lost my arm
Coulden't possibly do..." He blabbed to her,making her look concerned.

"Listen to the idiot
Really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron said from across from me,looking back from Draco to Harry next to him.

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid did not get fired." I comment. It could've ended badly,like Draco could've actually gotten hurt.

"Yes, but I head that Draco's father is furious
We haven't had the end of this" Hermione says from beside me.

"He has been sighted!
He has been sighted!", Seamus runs towards us with a paper in his hand.

"Who?" Hermione ask

"Sirius Black!" Seamus yells.

Hermione quickly grabs the paper the moment Seamus puts it down on table. She scans the article.

"Dufftown?" Hermione states as she puts the paper down again,"It is not far from here"

"You don't think he will come to Hogwarts?
Do you?" I tremble a little,the man was a brutal murderer.

"There is Dementores at every entrance" Hermione tries to make me feel better but it doesn't work.

"The Dementores...
He has already slipped past them once, hasn't he?
Who is to say, he won't do it again?" Seamus made me feel worse.

"That's right
Black could be anywhere!
Like trying to catch smoke...
Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands!" A commented next to Harry.