72 // we don't need words

A/N:

There's no chapter 71, I deleted it because of how bad it was💀 enjoy this though❤️🥰

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
we don't need words
•••

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWOwe don't need words•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

On our last day before I had to leave, Oakley insisted on taking me out on a date. He promised me a good one this time, so when he took me to a dark alleyway with a bunch of sketchy security guards standing outside, I was concerned.

"Don't worry, these people can't say anything," Oakley reassured me as he led me inside the building where we were met with what looked like an endlessly long staircase. It was dark except for the white LED strips on each step that ensured we wouldn't trip in the darkness.

"That's not what I'm worried about," I said. Oakley looked around briefly before realization hit.

"Fair. But I promise you'll love this."

Once we finally reached the top and passed two other security guards and a solid, heavy door, we were stood in the back of a room with at the end of it a giant window. I kept walking towards it, and then I noticed the huge stage at the end of the venue, along with a shit ton of empty seats.

The place we were in was separate from the rest of the seats. It was still big, about the same size as my living room, but the seats were set up in groups with tables as well, and the groups were all set far apart, along with a bar at the very back of the room right next to the door. There was no one here except for the security guards guarding the door, just like the two at the bottom of the stairs.

"I've never been to a concert," I admitted.

"I figured," he said with a grin. "That's why we're here."

"Wait, who's performing?"

"First this band called Breakers is up. They're the opening act. After that is Holly Burnstock. She was the opener for my last tour. I think you'll like them."

"This place is enormous," I said, looking back at the venue.

"I know!" His face lit up like he'd just had a happy memory flooding back.

"What is it?" I asked when he kept staring at the stage with his content smile on his face.

"I performed here for the first time roughly two and a half years ago. It was all pretty new to me still. People knew of my music and I already got played on the radio, but I'd never performed in a place like this yet."