Chapter 37 - Emily

Happy Easter everyone! Also, Happy Passover to those who celebrate it. I'm Christian, but I have some Jewish friends, and I didn't want to leave them out! Eventually, I would like to combine chapters 36, 37, and 38 into one chapter. I just want to give you guys something to read in the meantime.

Once again, there may be some mistakes. I reread most of it a few times, but I added some parts and can't proofread it at the moment. I work ALL DAY on Mondays (6:30 am - 10:30 pm), and I don't want to wait until Tuesday to post this. So, sorry for whatever mistakes there may be. If you want to help and make note of the corrections, that's fine. If it bothers you enough to make mean comments, then just don't read it yet until I iron out the details.

Sorry it's short, but I really hope you like it.

Pic is Elise as she explains her predicament to Em. (nothing disgusting this time -- totally G rated pic)

**********************************************************************************************************************

EMILY

A distraught Leesy showed up at my door shortly after Drew left. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. I wondered exactly what had happened that she needed to talk about.

"Come in," I said, as she walked into my kitchen and pulled out a chair to sit on.

"I'm so stupid," she said, not bothering to say hi. She must really be stressed, I thought.

"What happened?" I asked, pulling out the adjacent chair and sitting down next to her.

"I screwed up. Big time," she said.

"I'm here for you," I said, not wanting to push her.

"Adam's going to hate me. He's going to run right into your sister's arms," she said, putting her head in her hands.

"It can't be that bad," I said.

"Oh, but it's worse than bad," she said.

"I'm sure you're overexaggerating," I said.

She shook her head back and forth.

"Well, I'll let you decide," she said, looking up at me. "I was really upset after Adam told me that he'd kissed Ellie when she'd told him about keeping the baby. The way he explained it had me convinced that he was starting to have feelings for her again. He promised me he only had feelings for me, that he'd just gotten caught up in the joy of his baby still being alive. I believed him. Well, I believed that he believed what he'd told me, but I still wasn't sure. I was there when we used to hang out. I remember how much he talked about her. He really liked her. No other girl could compare. It always broke my heart. Anyway, he claimed that he only wants me now. In fact, he more than made it up to me physically. If I hadn't made this horrible mistake, I'm sure we'd be having s....um, alot of fun this weekend."

She paused, and I couldn't help but smile. It was funny how she tried to keep from saying sex while talking to me. I wouldn't have been offended. Sheesh......virgin does NOT equal uninformed.

"Sorry, I guess that was a little TMI," she said. "I'll continue with the story of how I screwed my life up. You see, I was still upset, even after Adam had left. My roomate was going to a party and asked if I wanted to go. Of course, I figured it was a good way to blow off steam and put the Ellie and Adam mess in the back of my mind. So, I went and drank way too much. I was stupid, because I knew that drinking is what got Adam and Ellie into their mess in the first place, but the damage was done. My rommate was nowhere to be found, so I found my way to an empty bedroom and passed out. The next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake by this really hot guy. He explained that this was his room, and that he needed to go to sleep."