AUTHOR'S WORDS OF APPRECIATION.

On 5th of July, 2021, I read an article about this site/app called 'Wattpad' , on quora. I came to know that Wattpad is a site/app in which people can write and bring their imagination to life. + Tonnes of amazing books or work of fiction are available as well.

So, on the very same day, I downloaded the app. I made an account and called myself "NotAuthorSSS."

I then started my reading journey on Wattpad. The first book I read was an AOT fanfiction, and I was moved. The work of that author moved me a lot. I finished the entire book in 2 days.

I then started reading more books, all of them were fanfics by the way. And I kept on reading till September 1st of 2021. By this point, I had read over 100 fanfics. And majority of them were OKAY. Some of them were GREAT. And only a few of them were what I would call 'MASTERPIECES' in the genre of fanfics.

The night of 1st September, an idea popped in my mind. "Why don't I start writing as well?" After that thought, I started thinking what I should write. After a decent amount of thinking, I came up with the decision to write a Demon Slayer fanfic. And my idea was to introduce an OC and with the addition of him, how would the story take place?

So, with that thought, the next day, 2nd September, 2021, I wrote the first chapter of my book/fanfic called, "Satoshi Kamado. (The elder brother of Tanjiro.)" And thus, my writing journey started.

After I published the first chapter, I didn't get any responses until the next day, that would be 3rd September, 2021.
On that day, I started getting a few comments. I replied to them and proceeded to write my next chapter. And the more chapters I published, the more responses I started getting. I started getting motivated. I then swore to myself that I would complete this book and try my best to atleast be in the 'GREAT' fanfic category. I'm not sure if I'm successful or not. I can only know when you guys respond.

I kept on writing and writing. I published a new chapter everyday and I started getting more responses, votes and views.

I don't quite recall on which day the book reached 1k reads but I definitely know the day in which the book hit 10k reads. It was on 4th October, 2021. That day, the book reached the 10k mark. And with that, I wrote more and more.

And here we are today, 10th December, 2021. At 100,000 reads. And because of this, I, Swilin Salam, thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. This would not have been possible without all of your support. So, thank you very much, my dear readers. I'm beyond happy right now. 100k is not a small number and we hit that milestone in just over 3 months. It's unbelievable. So, once again, thank you very very much for your incredible love and support.

I would like to thank all of those who commented and voted my chapters. I really appreciate you all. And I also appreciate those who point out my mistakes. Not spelling or grammatical mistakes, but actual mistakes in the plot, in the story telling, the prose and places where I messed up. I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. I hope you keep on correcting my mistakes since I'm just a beginner.

With that said, I really don't know if I deserve this because I have read other fanfics which are worth of publication, but doesn't get any recognition. So, deep inside my heart, I don't think I deserve this number. I don't know what you guys think though.

And I think there are 3 main reasons why I got this much reads.

1. I have a lot of chapters. Seriously, I have 90+ parts published, so this much views is thanks to that as well.

2. I publish everyday,.......well, not all the time. Sometimes, I take a few days break but the maximum no. of days that I didn't publish is 2 days. So, I would admit that I'm one of those authors who are active and regular on Wattpad. What do you think guys? Do you think that me updating everyday plays a role in achieving this 100k mark?

And lastly,
3. I'm just lucky. Seriously, I think I'm lucky. I don't know what to say.

.
.
.
.
.
.

So, once again, I thank all of you for 100,000 reads. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you so much.

With that said, we shall meet in the next chapter, until then, stay safe and byeeee..... Love ya all. ❤️💙💜