Chapter 25

Well, Zayde and Skye are already on the naughty list.

After our little hug fest at the doorway, Zayde let go of me, but he kept Meadow in his arms, who went on to talk about the latest episode of Sofia the First, and to my surprise, Zayde was able to keep up the conversation, talking about Amber, Clover, James, Queen Miranda, Sofia, King Roland and Mr Cedric.

"You watch Sofia the First?" I asked, bewildered.

He nodded, grinning cheekily. "I had to, the last time I came, I saw how she liked it, so I watched it so I could talk with her. It's kinda cool. Besides, if I wanna marry you someday, your daughter would have to approve of me." He shrugged.

I blushed deeply.

"You won't have to worry about that, Meadow loves you." I whispered.

He grinned. "Perfect."

"Okay, brace yourself." I whispered when we neared the door of the living room.

He gave me a puzzled look.

"My entire family is behind that door." He nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm ready." He smiled, stroking Meadow as he spoke.

Meadow looked up at him, signaling him to bend down. He did so, smirking. "Don't stay with Auntie Cwistine, she's mean."

I couldn't help but chuckle at his statement, and so did Zayde.

"Okay, I'll make sure to do that darling." He said before pushing open the door, making everyone turn to us.

It was as if they were frozen.

Aunt Becca, Aunt Gina and Uncle Nathan, who were talking with Uncle Eddie, stopped their conversation. Dad, Steve and Nana stopped talking as well, my two grandparents who were petting Mum's new cat stopped to stare at us. Annie, Nikki, Casie, Chase, Danny, Louis, James and Finny stopped playing Monopoly. Aunt Liz just glared at him. And Christine who was standing off in the corner, looking bored, suddenly perked up, her eyes glued on Zayde.

Oh hell naw.

Throwing a possessive arm around Zayde's waist, I spoke, loud enough for everyone to hear me, which wasn't that loud since it was pin drop silent.

"Hey everyone, this is Zayde, my boyfriend." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Christine's face drop into scowl, I resisted a smirk. "He'll be staying for Christmas." I announced.

Everyone, well all the adults, smiled warmly, saying their greetings. My brother and most my cousins did the same. Aunt Liz just glared at him. Christine just scowled at me. Peachy.

"Hello everyone, I'm so happy you're letting me stay here." Zayde said, smiling brightly.

At his accent, smirks of approval slipped unto the faces of most of them. Except for Aunt Liz, who continued to glare at him, and Christine who began to smile seductively at him while pulling her already low cut shirt down further. As if Zayde was even looking at her.

Still, her longing eyes made me tighten my hands on Zayde.

I am not jealous.

Don't look at me like that.

Zayde goes over to everyone, still with Meadow in his arms, greeting everyone and introducing himself. I looked on in contentment as I watched their interaction. They didn't even seem to care that he had two different eye colors, in fact, I heard my cousins complimenting him, telling him how cool he looked.

"Did you just like, pay him to be your boyfriend, cos he doesn't look like he's enjoying even breathing the same air as you."

There it is.