Chapter 8

"Here, this is-." Severus stopped speaking when she came out from the bathroom changing her clothes into nightwear. She was feeling embarrassed to wear such thin and short clothes in front of someone even if that someone is her husband. She was pulling her dress lightly so that she can cover her thighs and quickly rushed to the bed as soon as she came out and covered her legs with blanket. 

Severus had to look away from her to control himself and not do something making her hate him. He took a few deep breaths and thought about all the disgusting things to calm himself down and turned back to her. He didn't know if he should be amused or feel pity for himself. Her face was so red in embarrassment, girls of her age would be dying to wear such short clothes in front of men and seduce them. But, look at his wife, she is shy to wear her night dress even in front of him, her husband. He cleared his throat lightly making her look at him.

"You got a letter from wo-" He cleared his throat again. "Lupin."

"Oh, thank you." She forgot about her dress and took the letter from him excitedly. He felt envious of the werewolf for having such place in her heart not that he can blame him. He can only blame himself. He made her hate him and it is going to take time to make her trust him like she trusts Black and Lupin. 

Severus looked at her face and mainly her lips which formed into a small smile as she read the letter. He frowned at the emptiness in her eyes even if she is smiling. He didn't know how to fill that emptiness which Black left in her heart and soul when he died. Severus can see that she loves Black more than her biological parents. Not that he can blame her, they died when she was one and she doesn't know them at all. While, Black was with her for two years when she needed someone the most. He should've listened to him that night and stayed at Grimmauld. He shouldn't have let Black go at all. He can't blame Black entirely as he was the one who provoked him in the first place. He should've known that Black loved Rhea so much that he wouldn't think twice when the situation comes and would die for her. 

"Moony is finally getting married." She said looking at him happily and he nodded at her snapping out of his self-blaming thoughts. It's no one's fault as they both didn't know what is going to happen.

"That's good for him. He is getting old." He commented and she gave him a look that said 'Aren't you the same age as him?' He wanted to laugh at that, but stopped himself from doing so. She didn't know about him, yet. Soon, she won't be thinking the same as now. "He is different, a werewolf."

"Don't see him differently just because he is a werewolf. He is nice man-" 

"I'm not ridiculing him. I'm just saying, the full moons make him weaker as time passes and he may not be as strong as me after few years." Severus cut her off gently grabbing her hand. She looked at their hands and back at him forgetting for a moment what they were talking and her cheeks turned pink. 

"I didn't know." She said after remembering what's happening. She should read about werewolves more when she goes back to Hogwarts or perhaps here as she heard from Hermione once that the purebloods have a private library in their manors. Well. she should ask Lucius' permission as Hermione even said that the purebloods won't like allowing others to their libraries. Selfish people, her words. 

"Not your fault." He said rubbing his thumb on her knuckles lightly before letting her hand go and standing from the bed. 

"Where are you going?" She asked as he was going towards the door. 

"I have to talk to Lucius about something. You should go to sleep. I may be a bit late." He said and she nodded her head. He left the room closing the door behind him sighing in relief. He was going to burst if he looked at her for some more time and jump on her. He is behaving like a bloody hormonal teenager. He should control himself more and try harder if he wants to spend time with her.