the three words I needed

A TW for this chapter too! It has heavy topics and yk when you feel like your not real? That too*
If anything like this is happening to any of you irl, please drink water and stay safe! I'll make sure to send virtual hugs to all of you :D

————————

My head hurt like hell. I got up quickly and looked around. I was still in the hotel room..? However this time I was tucked into the bed.

Strange.

I got out the bed to wash my face. I needed some alone time to think about my life choices once again.

I thought back about the dream I had just had. I wanted to know who he was, I wanted to see everyone again. It was already my fault. I wanted to rest. I wanted to sleep for several days yet I knew I couldn't. The constant headache was killing me.

All of the decisions I had to make. All of those stupid games I had to play. Was I ever gonna see them again? Not just him. I missed everyone. Cocoa, HollyBerry, Golden Cheese..

Not knowing what I was years ago was mentally draining me. How did I act? Who did I know? Did I upset anyone? What if they hated me now..?

A thousand scenarios came to my mind. Some way darker than the rest.

I looked into the mirror. Was this really me? What if my brain was just playing tricks on me by displaying what I expected of myself back then? What if I was a monster? What if I never existed? Was my whole life a lie?

The dark thoughts clouding my mind dissolved as soon as I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I quickly wiped off my face with a towel and unlocked the door.

In front of me stood pure vanilla once more. He seemed worried.

"Hey.. I just came back from Lily and you've been in there a while. I wanted to ask if you were doing fine?"

I glanced back at the mirror for a second. Despite my efforts to wash my face, my eyes were red and sort of puffy. Had I been crying in my sleep?

I wiped my face once more, hoping he didn't notice my efforts in covering up my face.

"Oh no it's fine I'm just tired. I'm gonna go to sleep now. Good night." I tried to pass him, covering up some of my face with my hair and towel by looking away.

Suddenly he grabbed me by my arm. (not forcefully) I didn't want him to see my face. Mainly to not worry him more than what I had done before. Although, his plans seemed very different.

"do you want to..talk about it?"

I nodded without saying a word. My body felt too heavy to even move on my own. I felt like every line of that dream was sinking into my skin.

He lead me to the balcony and sat me down. Looking around trying to find something.
"Ah... wait."

He left the balcony and came back within seconds. His hands were now occupied with a soft blanket. He quickly put the blanket on my shoulders and sat in the chair that lied next to me.

"So. Tell me. I can see that something was clearly bothering you."

I sat silent for a tiny while. Just the peaceful environment made me feel better.

"I just.. I..don't know."  I played with the soft blanket. I truly didn't know what to say. Looking over to Vanilla once again, he was looking at me with an anxious smile. I could feel tears falling from my eyes again. The topic itself felt extremely painful, to the point where my throat burned every-time I tried to defend myself.

He moved a bit closer and put my hair behind both of my ears. Revealing a face teary eyes.

"I just.. there's this figure. It's in my dreams it follows me everywhere yet I don't know who it is. I know it's a person from my past. I know I shared a connection with them but.. I don't know them. But- I do want to! I want to see them once again. I remember our old school years. The adventures me them and lily went on...I wasn't available the only time they truly needed me. I know that they hate me now." I looked up at him, he had opened both of his eyes for the first time in-front of me. I felt like I could be lost in them.

Then it hit me.

I could see his reflection in his eyes.

For a split second my heart stopped.

I thought back on the joke Lily had said about Vanilla being him. It didn't sound that crazy. A part of me knew that it was him. It had to be.

I quickly ran inside (dropping the blanket) and looked through my bag. Maybe I had something? Anything I could use to prove my point. Vanilla had followed me inside, probably extremely worried on what the heck I was doing.

I looked through every pocket. Taking out the glittery box and staring at the cover.

The cover had a hand drawn picture of 6 kids. Two of them being me and Lily.

I looked through all of them until my eyes landed on him. I grabbed the box and showed it to Vanilla.

"I might sound crazy but. Is this you?"

He sat silent and stared at the picture for a few seconds. Until finally chuckling and taking the box from my hands.

"Y/N.. there's one problem.."

"I could never hate you. I have loved you since the very first day we met." 

I could feel tears coming out of my eyes once again. I couldn't hold it in this time. I heard  him chuckling as he inched closer to hug me.

"Oh come on don't cry! We have found each other at last. I couldn't have wished for a better reunion." I laughed at his kind words. Had I finally found hope? We're things gonna turn around?

I couldn't stop crying. That didn't mean that ie as sad though. I wrapped my arms around his next and rested my head on his shoulder. Playing with his hair to ease some stress.

"I loved you too."

_______________________________________

From now on, the small group was written into many historical books, becoming idols in the eyes of future children once again. They once moved on to save other kingdoms together. Who knew? 

Maybe one day they would settle back down to re-grow their own. 

Once again all the cookies lived in harmony, the new king and queen were able to be seen as idols amongst the children of the land. They fought together forever for a brighter future for the kids, and the next generations that followed  

(go to the next chapter for important stuff