𓊃𓇋𓆑𓆛

"I have been waiting for you, my pharaoh" Kaveh declares with a seductive tone as he pops a grape into his mouth.

"As you should be," you say with a teasing tone, getting into bed with him.

"What tale are you going to tell" you inquire softly, laying your head on the cushions.

"What tales excite you the most? Romance? Erotic? Or horror tales" you lean towards him.

"If you can make me shiver from fear, I will reward you with whatever you wish for" you finish, poking his nose.

"What if I don't?" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are you not confident in your storytelling skills" the Persian prince chuckles?

"You will be the one to judge that" you chuckle.

"I'm ready to listen"

A devilish grin appears on his face, as his mischievous eyes meet your soft ones.

"It all started when the jinns used to roam..."

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

By the time Kaveh finishes telling the story, you look at him with wide eyes filled with excitement and fear.

The horror tale he just told you is better than anything you have heard in your life.

The horror movies you watch, don't even compare to it.

"How do you know to tell such stories?" you ask, as he lays his head on your lap.

"My mother used to scare me with it when I was young so I don't cause trouble" you smile at his response.

"You seem like you had been close to your mother" you assume, patting his head gently.

"Yes, like how you are close to your son, Aten"

Suddenly, you grab tightly into his hair, pulling him off your lap.

"Stay away from my son, Kaveh" you spat out with an angry voice.

You don't like the thought of Aten being close with your concubines or ministers.

Why?

Because you know for a fact that they might use the young prince to get close to you.

Even if some of them have pure intentions.

It is still better safe than sorry.

"Just do as I say, understand?" you pull your hand away from his hair

"You are such a protective mother, you do realize that your son needs a father figure in his life" you snort in mockery

"His real father wasn't even that much around him since his birth, what makes you think that you will make a good role model for him?" you ask.

"I can teach him how to fight" your lips lift upwards.

"Your capture says a lot about your fighting skills" you point out.

The dark-haired prince leans closer to you.

"You told me that you will reward me with anything I wish for if I tell you a good tale, your highness"

You nod your head slowly, popping the last grape into your mouth.

"What do you wish for?"

He leans his face closer to yours, your and his lips almost touching.

"I only want you to promise me that you won't cast me away"