Exposed

Dalia's POV

I waited on the bench for fifteen minutes and I finally got to board the train. I was gonna get my revenge. It was finally gonna happen.

And now that Dalton is alive, this was gonna be a whole lot better.

"Get off the train." Dallas said, coming up to me.

"Make me." I said with an eye roll.

"I swear to God, Dalia get off this train."

"No!" I yelled.

"Come on, let's talk this over." Dalton said.

"Oh my Lord..." I mumbled. "Excuse me!" I said to a girl who worked on the train. "These two guys are bothering me. Can you ask them to leave me alone?" I said, trying to sound sincere and nervous at the same time.

"You boys are gonna have to come with me." She said, motioning them back to the second car.

They both looked at me and I gave them a sarcastic wave as they were forced away from me.

The train ride was long and boring and I'm hoping this is it for them. Most of my stuff is in Tulsa, but I can live without it. I can start over. In New York, I guess. I really did like Tulsa but the whole state is ruined for me.

I got off the train as quickly as I could and ran in the opposite way of home.

I was going to the school.

New York City High, you're in for a rude awakening.

It was dark out so I didn't think very many people would be at school. But I had planned to ask Principal Reynolds if I could make an announcement at school tomorrow revolving Dalton.

Whenever I mentioned him or I was doing something for him, most people had said yes. So why would it be different today?

But to an even better surprise, the field lights were on.

There was a football game tonight.

It has to be the last one of the season. Either that or they made it to playoffs. But I wouldn't doubt it if they did.

I laughed and ran up to the field. I spotted Lottie walking next to another group of girls. I tapped her right shoulder and ran to the left of her. She looked behind her and then to the other side and she noticed me.

"Oh my God! Dalia!" She yelled. She gave me a large hug and smiled. "What are you doing here? After that phone call, you scared me to death!" She asked.

"I'm sorry." I said laughing. "It's a long story. But you'll never guess what I found out."

"What is it?" she asked.

"You'll see in about ten minutes. Just wait. Go hang out in the stands. I gotta find Coach Fenner."

I ran up into the field and up to the football boys. None of them intimidated me like they did everyone else. I tapped Coach Fenner's shoulder.

He turned around. "Hey, Dalia. Whatcha doing here? I'm kinda busy." He said, impatiently.

"Can I make an announcement for Dalton after the regular announcements are done?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll pass the microphone to you." He said, turning back to his team.

I laughed and went up to the gate. Lottie looked down. "What are you doing?" She asked with a grin.

"Trust me. This is gonna be good." I said with a fake wink.

My day just keeps getting better and better. First, the train got delayed and I got to come to New York. Next, there was a football game and it lets me tell everyone Dalton is alive. And now Dalton and Dallas are hiding under the bleachers and they get to be here for it. 

I laughed as Mr. Fenner made his announcements. I was excited. I actually finally had proof I wasn't the bad guy!

"Now, Dalia Winston has something to say." Coach Fenner said.

I grinned right before taking the microphone. I sighed. "Hey, everyone. As most of you know me, I'm Dalia Winston. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you all either know me because you hate me or know my brothers, Dallas or Dalton."

I paused for a moment. "So, about two years ago, Dalton went missing. Out of nowhere, he was just gone. And it was hard to see, but there was nothing I could do about it. Then, Dallas slowly started to disappear. But he came back every couple months for a few weeks. But in reality, I was alone most of the time. All I had was myself."

"A couple of months ago, I ran away to find Dallas to get him to come back. It was for selfish reasons. I wanted people to stop spreading rumors I killed them. Then all that crazy stuff went down and I think we get the jist of it."

I took a breath. "Anyway, I had plans to move down to Oklahoma, switch schools, and start over down there. But as soon as I got down there, Dallas went to go leave again. Me, being the nosy person I am, went to follow him. I went on another train to a city a few hours from where I planned on staying. I get down there only to find Dalton Winston living on his own in a small town called Windrixville."

I looked at Dallas and Dalton dead in the eye and looked back up to hear the chit chat and gasps.

"Don't believe me?" I asked. "Look under the bleachers. Your teammate, classmate, boyfriend, friend, best friend... he's under where you all are standing right now."

I put the microphone in Coach Fenner's hands as he stood there in shock with his mouth wide open and watched all hell break out in the bleachers.

Dallas and Dalton tried to run, but people cornered them and I walked up to Lottie.

"What the..." She mumbled.

"Come on. I'll explain everything to you." I said walking away from all the commotion and leaving Dallas and Dalton by themselves.