twelve

The television was playing a Christmas Spotify playlist, the sounds slowly flooding in the livingroom. But loud enough to hear it clearly as Lando bobs his head to 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'. Xenia hums and grabs a ornament out of the box.

Xenia looks at Lando from her eyelashes. Lando concentrates when he puts away the bright blue Christmas ornament. "You have a weird taste, Norris."

"Huh?"

Lando turns his head to look at Xenia. "Your bright blue and yellow ornaments with a white christmas garland." Xenia laughs as Lando looks at her with a straight face.

"Don't bully me. I literally own these colours." Lando says proud. He grabs a yellow ornament and put it on a different branch. Xenia copies his action and puts a blue one on a branch.

"You mean.. the color palet owns those colours, not you." Xenia gives Lando a side glance as he just shrugs. Xenia walks away from the tree to grab a new box of ornaments.

She grabs the box and walks to the tree again, she removes the lid and looks into the box. More blue and yellow ones.. Xenia smiles in herself as she grabs a blue one, she walks up to the tree and put it on a branch.

''One word...splendid.'' Lando eyes the Christmas tree with a huge grin on his lips. ''But.. we are not done yet.'' He contiunes. Xenia looks at him and nods. ''You love Christmas, I see.'' Xenia smiles as she put another ornament in the tree.

''Ofcourse I love Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year!'' Lando sings the last part. Xenia lets out a loud laugh. Lando blue eyes watch how the green eyes of Xenia match her smile. ''Do you love Christmas?'' Lando then asks Xenia.

''Yeah ofcourse, we mostly spent Christmas in France with my dads family, so I'm always with family and I love that.'' Xenia smiles as her mind wander to the good memories she had.

''Cool. We sometimes spend Christmas in Belgium with my moms family.'' Lando says. ''Wow, so you are half Belgian?'' Xenia grins as she eyes the tree. It already became full of the ornaments.

''Yes.'' Lando nods as he puts a empty box away. ''So your not the only foreign babe in this house.'' Lando looks up when the words came out of the mouth of Xenia.

''You just copied my words Miss Bleau!'' Lando says fake angry.

''No, I copied Justin Bieber his words.'' Xenia responded with a smug smile. Lando just laughs as he shakes his head, his brown curls bouncing with his moves.

They both walk up to the tree again to put the last ornaments in the tree. Xenia lets out a loud yelp when a ornament falls on the ground and then bursts. ''Oh, no.'' Xenia squats down to grab the broken pieces.

Within the same second Lando also squat down to grab the same broken pieces. Their hands touch and the bright blue eyes from Lando finding the green ones from Xenia. ''Let me clean it.'' Lando says soft, his face only a few inches from hers. Xenia feels her breath disappear from her body.

''I let it fall on the ground, I'm sorry.'' Xenia grabs a broken piece as Lando grabs the other broken piece. They both stand up, Lando sticks out his hand. Xenia opens her hands to put the broken piece in his hand palm. Xenia her soft finger tips brushes against Lando his hand palm. Fuck, where is my pulse? he thought.

Lando his feet slide forward a bit. Xenia watch how Lando smiles, his gaze went from her eyes to her plump lips. Xenia her own gaze also going from his eyes to his lips.

''Thank you.'' Lando lets out hoarse. Xenia let her small hand rest on his handpalm, as they both looked at eachother. The world going silent around them as they move forward. The warmth of their bodies blending together, their lips almost connecting together.

''Oiii Landooo! You left your key in the do—''

''Oh.'' The same voice said. The bodies that almost connected with eachother, broke up quickly, the warmth of both bodies together now disappearing in the air. Lando and Xenia realize they almost tasted eachother but now feeling the cold because the other half moved away quickly and now they were standing a lot of inches apart.

Xenia moved her body to face the voice. Lando his eyes had some guilt in them as he never told his bestfriend about the girl that was standing next to him. ''I will start upstairs.'' Xenia says to break the silence, she walks away to the hallway to grab her cleaning stuff.

Max Fewtrell his eyes follow the girl as she walks away. ''Hey Max.'' Lando then says, he scratches his neck uncomfortably. Max squint his eyes as he watches his bestfriend. His body language was speaking volumes.

''You left your key in the door.'' Max mentions, he throws the key to Lando which he catches. ''Cheers.'' Lando says, he eyes Max uncomfortably.

''You want something to drink?'' Lando turned on his heels to walk away to his kitchen. Max follows him, when they reach the kitchen Max sits down on the barstool. ''Just water, please.'' Max his voice blank.

Lando bits on his bottom lip nervous as he grabs a empty glass of the kitchen cabinet to fill it with water. He turns aroud to face a not so amused Max.

''Since when do you not share your secrets anymore with your bestfriend, huh?'' Max finally says.