Chapter twenty two

22. STRANGE FASCINATION

Sienna couldn't remember the last time her and her best friend actually hung out with other people who weren't each other, sure they had 'side friends' as Olivia called them, but no one that every really stuck

Sienna couldn't remember the last time her and her best friend actually hung out with other people who weren't each other, sure they had 'side friends' as Olivia called them, but no one that every really stuck. No one that ever truly cared.

People would come and they would go as they pleased, which the girls were okay with because they had each other and both of them knew that would never change.

But it is odd now, to have so many new people entering their life. They had Davina, Enzo, Freya, Elijah and Klaus practically living with them and whenever Kai chose to return they had him too.

Sienna didn't actually know if she liked or not, having people in her life who seemingly cared for her. Plus she hated change she the drastic change in her lifestyle was something which threw her off completely.

Attachment frightened her, too. She hated when the genuine care for someone actually settled and she was left worrying about them, thinking about them — she didn't like it. She let herself get attached to Olivia, with difficulty though, it took a while for her to genuinely open up but Olivia, forever the secretly compassionate soul, was patient and gentle with her and Sienna could not be any more grateful.

Sienna wanted to be loved. She wanted someone to care for her unconditionally and hold her in the dead of night, wait up for her when she was out. But she was scared to love, to fully open up and have someone shove it all back in her face without a second thought, to reject her, to deny her.

She wanted something which she was scared to return so she decided to swear off love altogether.

"What's on your mind, beautiful?" Olivia questioned her best friend as she sat down next to her on her bed, placing a hand on her thigh and rubbing circles with her thumb.

"I need a distraction. Food?" Sienna avoided Olivia's question with her own, a hopeful smile on her face.

"You know I can't say no to that face." Olivia groaned in fake misery, the smile on her pink lips giving away her true feelings.

"It's because you love me so much." Sienna replied simply as she searched for an outfit.

"Unfortunately." Olivia sighed melodramatically.

• • •

Olivia and Sienna had set off to the grill, arm in arm with smiles on their faces. Sienna was dressed in a black halter neck crop top with high waisted flared jeans and combat boots, a rose quartz crystal necklace dipping down into her cleavage. Olivia, on the other hand, was clad in a dark purple cotton dress with short sleeves and a collar, a matching dark purple beanie, a oversized leather jacket and varying in size silver necklaces on her neck with black platform boots on her feet.

"Okay okay." Olivia began, "Fuck, marry, kill .. Benedict Cumberbatch, RDJ and Tom Holland."

Sienna bit her lower lip in thought for a few moments before responding - "Fuck RDJ, Marry Ben and Kill Tom. Sorry Tom but I'm into older men."