fifty six.

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
winner

Cookie

next day

Cookie guessed her sisters hated her now. She had felt bad about their argument, so she called them yesterday and they surprisingly answered. But of course it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

First, she had called Carol because they had the most making up to do. Guess what she did? She disrespected Cookie. She had cursed Cookie out a bunch and told her to go to hell. She was lucky she had hung up immediately after because Cookie was about to let her ass have it.

That conversation made her not even want to call Candace, but she did anyway because Candace wasn't as hotheaded. But Candace wasn't happy to talk to her either. She told Cookie not to talk to her until she left Lucious alone, so yeah, she had just lost her sisters because of their hatred for Lucious. Now she was sitting on the couch, wondering if they'd ever be able to come back from this.

Lucious walked in and saw she was distraught. "Hey, baby. You not going to the hospital?"

"I could, but seeing my little girl laying there lifeless makes me sad. I'm already sad enough."

"Because of your sisters?"

She nodded sadly. "They hate me, Lucious. And it's all because I love you."

"You know they've never liked me, Cookie. It's jealousy if you ask me," Lucious stated.

"Jealousy?"

Lucious explained himself. "Yeah. You and I are doing big things, and they're not doing anything. They wish they were in your shoes."

She didn't agree. "Yeah, they're not CEO's of a major entertainment company, but they're still successful women, Lucious."

"Either way, they're jealous of our kingdom. And most importantly, they're jealous of our connection. Because you know the both of them don't have a man. Especially Carol. It's because of that nasty attitude of hers."

"We're Holloways. We all have attitudes."

Lucious corrected her. "Not anymore, you're not. You're a Lyon for life, baby. It's you and I against the world."

That sounded nice, but she was still sad. "I don't wanna be against my sisters, Lucious."

"I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's how it has to be. They don't like me, and I don't like them," Lucious said. "They're trying to halt all of the progress that we've made. That ain't cool, Cook."

"So what should I do?"

"You don't need any negativity, baby. If you ask me, you're better off without them."

Maybe she was.

Tory

Jamal had called Tory, saying he was heading to her place because they needed to talk. Jamal had never went over to her place before. She always went to his, so she felt like this was about to be a serious talk.

What could the urgency be about? Tory knew his sister wasn't doing too hot right now, so maybe that was what he needed to talk about? But they could've talked on the phone...