ㅡ『7』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 7
12 am
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

ROSALIE GRIMACED AS SHE STOOD UNCOMFORTABLY. She had visited Royce during lunch time. It happened this morning.

Just like the past years, the bank owner's son would always ask his secretary to give her a bouquet of flowers for her birthday. Sometimes, he'll be generous enough to attend and celebrate with her.

However, most of the time he'll make an excuse to be absent on Rose's special day. A day about herself. Those excuses came in the form oh he was swamped with work and has no time to spare.

The whole ordeal saddened the blonde beauty, but she had grown accustomed to it. Though it's different this year.

Instead of just giving Rosalie the flowers, Royce's secretary handed her a neatly folded paper.

'Come to the bank, let's eat together'

Of course, Rosalie was a bit taken aback of the invitation. But nevertheless, she complied. She wore a pastel blue Sunday dress with a white lace decorating the collars and the sleeves. A low, but not that revealing V-cut on her blouse. She smiled to herself at the mirror, and to the way to the bank.

The secretary guided here to the lunch room. As soon as the doors opened, her smile dissipated. The feeling of excitement was now replaced with disappointment.

Royce was there, along with his oh so called friends. Businessmen that work along side him, and leveled up to the point where they became pals.

"Ah! Rose!" Royce called out, "I see you made it just fine!"

"Yes..." She timidly replied, glancing around the room.

"Let me introduce you" The man smiled, "You remember Alexander? and that's William he's..."

Rosalie ignored his constant rambling. She drowned his voice with her own thoughts. Lunch together wasn't as pleasant as she thought.

Instead of listening to his blatant boasting, she tried to walk through her plans for the day. Her parents still weren't home, but as soon as she woke up, their letter of wishing her a happy birthday was left on their doorstep.

All she had to do now was visit her friends' house. Maybe Vera or Nancy had something planned for her. She was hoping it was far more better than Royce's.

"She's going with me" Royce chuckled, "Right Rose?"

"Uhmm... Yeah!" She exclaimed, startled that she was called upon immediately.

"I guess we'll be expecting the both of you on the Rochester Gala then!" William replied, "Do enjoy yourselves, won't you?"

Rosalie mentally cursed as she had a grasp on what they were talking about. She had already said yes to going with a certain Black-haired male.

But then, she accidentally agreed to go with Royce as well. While Sebastian kept it sweet and private. Royce began boasting again when his lover agreed to go with him.

"He didn't even ask me properly" She thought. Now she couldn't refuse him anymore, oh the shame and embarrassment he'll get when he boasted about her going with him, only to find Rosalie going with another guy.