Chapter 33

What is a relationship?

Looking after, caring for, loving and encouraging each other. It is not just about saying 'I love you' it is about meaning it and not forgetting it in the midst of hardships of life.

Anisha had a wonderful start of the day but as she sat on her chair she was welcomed by a half complete file. Ofcourse she had completed the half the last day. And now she had to complete it and also make a presentation on it. And good news? She had just this day!

Pulling her sleeves up she got to work.

Abhimanyu took a peek at his wife, normally by mid-day she would find a few ways to disturb him but today she had not even stepped inside his cabin. He found her scratching her forehead while she sat in front of her laptop and a few mugs of coffee laid empty.

He had assumed she was having a rough day. If it was important enough he would be disturbed, he knew it and so he let her be. She should tread her problems on her own.

The whole day passed and Abhimanyu was shocked when his wife knocked on his cabin and entered. He raised his brows in question and she sighed and sat down on the chair in front.

He frowned. This was unusual.

" Abhi...I need you to go through this presentation once." She requested.

" You know I trust you to it and I never check your presentations." He muttered.

" No. You have to see this. It was anyways a risky presentation and moreover it was for my dad's project and..."

She couldn't complete the sentence as when her eyes met his they showcased anger. He was angry what did she do.

" Anisha, I am not going to check the presentation whatever you say and not when you specify this reason." He declared.

She was shocked to say the least. He had not used that tone of his ever and she didn't know how to come around.

" Abhimanyu, I. Please will you calm down and listen to me." She requested.

He didn't budge.

" Why are we arguing on a presentation? I asked, you denied, I understand, okay? Don't get all angry man on me now." She too said irritated with his tone.

He deflated and slumped on the chair.

She just sat there looking at him.

" What did you do the whole day apart from this presentation?" He asked searching for a neutral ground.

" The usual." She shrugged.

" Do you mind if we go to a cafe? I am craving a fancy coffee." He requested.

She smiled but internally she was worried about the presentation. Nevertheless she gave him company trying to forget their little rift but she was not fully indulged and Abhimanyu made it out after twenty minutes of their stay at the cafe.

" Anisha?"

" Yes." She replied startled.

" I am sorry for being so rude. But I don't want to do these approving jobs. You know I trust you so why not go through it and present it?" He asked.

" It is not about that. I just wanted you to go through it, once!" She grumbled.

" And I had denied and will deny any day you ask me such a thing. No more discussions on this topic. You are giving the final presentation tomorrow." He declared and got off to settle the bill.

She was fuming by now. He did not even check the presentation and moreover was ordering around. He sure was in a mood since the evening.

They arrived home and Anisha let him be. He needed his space and so did she. Her solace was cooking and she went inside the kitchen. To her surprise Daljeet was stood there beside the chef and they both were talking like best of the friends.

" Aree Anisha kitchen me kya kar rahi ho beta? Exam itna pas hai aur tum aise time waste karogi! " ( Anisha what are you doing in the kitchen? The exam is near and you are wasting time!)

" Mummyji muje kuch accha sa banane ka mann kar raha...to me aa gayi." ( Mom I felt like cooking something...so I came)

" To beta baad me bhi ban sakta hai na ye sab! Padhai karo!" ( This vould be done later as well. You should study!)

" Nahi mummyji me bas ye kuch cookies bake karungi uske baad room jaake padhai karungi." ( No mom I would just bake cookies and then go to room and study)

" Ok, as you wish but let me help. I too want to bake cookies." She excitedly announced.

Anisha laughed and they both started baking. The chef helping them here and there. Once the cookies were set inside the microwave Daljeet asked,

" Kya hua? Kyu muh fulaaye ghum rahi hai?" ( What happened? Why are you so angry today?)

And she described what happened at the office to which she smiled wistfully.

" Mummyji you are smiling while I am deep into the problem and your son won't even help me!" She grumbled.

" He would if he thought it was necessary. If he says you can do it, then you can. Have some faith and rock the presentation!" Daljeet smiled.

" But"

" No buts. Sit in the dining room and let's have dinner. Later go and study, okay?" She said in her motherly voice.

" Yes."

She did what Daljeet asked her to and after dinner studied for her entrance and slept. A good night's sleep warranted a fresh mind and a fresh mind fiend off enemies like none.

The following day like usual she did all her work and soon it was time for the presentation.

She thought the meeting would be between a few members but to her surprise the entire conference hall was full.

Abhimanyu who sat to her right gently squeezed her hand beneath the table on seeing her nervous expression. She looked at him and he gave her an encouraging smile and it was her turn to present.

She stood up and plugged in the presentation and turned the lights dim and looked around the room once but she felt nervousness creeping in.

Just then her eyes met his, Abhimanyu's and he gave her thumbs up, wishing her good luck. A smile made its way on her face and she started her presentation.

By the end she was presenting a few suggestions, some were radical while others were conventional. She had divided them into feasible and ones that could be given a thought.

The whole presentation was done and with bated breath she looked around the room.

She knew for sure that she had made a few unwanted suggestions and may be them have caused this reaction!

Only if Abhimanyu had gone through the presentation, once!