Chapter 50

Damien's P.O.V :

I can't forget the moment that when her expression mixed anger with sadness even the rain couldn't cover it. As much as the rain wanted to cover her teary eyes it couldn't.

Although her expression told otherwise her voice was firm and demanded that I would reconsider. Then her voice became softer asking for a chance to work things out.

While I stood silently like a statue glued to the pavement. I wished I could have comforted but my hands felt like they were glued together. If I comforted her during the rejection wouldn't it seem a little bit hypocritical?

I could only feel my wolf's anger towards my actions.

After rejecting her I had a flashback of memories of when we were both four years old, how we both played with each other and how we made a pinky promise.

That was until she left the pack and for a while I didn't see her anymore. And I started to forget those precious moments.

When she came back as a teen her entire personality changed. She would be cold to her family members but to my father and her mother, she would act sweet.

At that point I considered her to be intimidating because of how quickly she gained popularity and position of the president in the school's council, besides that if someone wronged her she could quickly scheme that person's demise.

I was then hesitant to approach her. Back then I was a coward who was afraid to get to know her more. I was an idiot.

'Choose someone obedient rather than capable, if you choose the capable person you won't know when your soulmate can backstab you.' My mother's advice rang.

'Or you might become her dog.' Another mother's advice appeared on my mind.

Perhaps I would have been happier to be a dog rather than a King that is trapped by a huge responsibility.

After that, I left for university and I didn't see her for a few more years. If I knew that siren would seduce Evelyn behind my back, I would have tried to stop that from happening.

Now in the end I'm suffering when I see both of them together.

Marrying a siren Evelyn went through another transformation. Now her face and eyes became brighter, her hair became more golden. As a Princess, she became more confident and charming. As if she is now a siren and not a werewolf.

But when her soulmate arrived I felt that I needed to become more careful. That Siren would always be next to Evelyn when his free time allowed to. He would always stand behind the scenes when Evelyn was being filmed. Sometimes he would get a little bold around Evelyn when he thinks no one is looking at him. Then his eyes would trail to detect a reaction.

'She isn't marked yet. You could just forcefully mark her but how can I expect you to do such a thing if you are a coward?' My wolf commented.

My inner wolf is right even now I'm being a coward. I am afraid of the messy consequences that will come if I decide to go through the plan.

"Here are the papers you need to review, Alpha Damien." My second Beta Eric said as he handed me the papers. I can only sigh since the work has been never-ending. It's another shackle that keeps me down.

Then I hear another knock on the door and this time Aaron enters with another stack of paper and puts it on the table.

"Looks like this September is going to be very busy," Aaron commented and Eric nodded.

Luckily, Aaron and Eric didn't mind helping with the stacks of papers. While both helped me to review the papers they started chatting with each other.

"Any news from your sister? I've heard that she made the judges panic by starting a rumor?" Eric asked Aaron.

"Unfortunately, I'm not aware but what kind of rumor?" Aaron answered and proceeded to ask Eric.

"There is a rumor that Damien was rejected by the soulmate who had similar features as the contestant." I stopped reviewing the papers and looked at Eric. I was hoping that he wasn't joking.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked Eric.

"I'm not joking. I'm even curious about it." Eric answered. Aaron sat quietly for a few seconds before muttering.

"Why would she do such a thing?"

Eric just shrugged "Well she is your sister, I thought you knew more about the rumors."

"They are half-siblings. They didn't have a good relationship." After Evelyn left the pack I befriended Aaron but when Evelyn came back she despised her step-mother and Aaron. Aaron would always complain that Evelyn was a nightmare to live with as she would often disrespect his mother and would always call Aaron various names that would describe his illegitimate birth.

"Ah, I always thought that you were full-blooded siblings since you looked like twins." Eric was right even though they were half-siblings, if not a year age difference they could easily pass as twins.

"Well we didn't get along before but now our relationship got better since she apologized for her actions," Aaron explained.

"I'm glad that her husband is treating her better since now she seems happier." I almost wanted to break a pen but I kept my composure. I guess this is the curse you get when you reject your soulmate. You tend to get jealous and start to regret more.

"Still I want the actual truth. Did your soulmate reject you, Alpha Damien?" Eric asked.

"No, I was the one who rejected her." I sighed hoping that Eric would stop questioning me.

Unfortunately in a few minutes, Aaron was able to put puzzles together.

"Now I know why Evelyn started rumors. She wouldn't be able to do that if you haven't rejected her. The secret was between both of you, otherwise, Evelyn wouldn't start those rumors if she wasn't confident about it." Aaron confronted.

"I can't continue working." This the last words Aaron said before he left the office

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those who were rooting for Damien I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter ^_^

I would be curious to hear your opinions about Damien.

Don't forget to vote and leave comments.